Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How dose a Bfe compare?
  • sonofapitch
    Free Member

Got a little PPI payout coming my way 🙂
    I used to own a 16″ 456 which was a lot if fun, now thinking of a Bfe.
    How do they compare size wise?
    Not having ever looked do many come up for sale? And at what price
    and finally are there any offers online at the mo

ste_t
    Free Member

I don’t know how they compare, but I’ve got a Bfe frame for sale in the classifieds. Inc headset, seatpost & clamp, £225 posted.

EDIT: Too slow. The bikeradar link is mine!

jambalaya
    Free Member

BFe’s frames are 300 new vs Soul at 480

prezet
    Free Member

16″ BFe is great, I run one and am 5’11” – at that size it’s not an all-dayer rig, but so much fun to hoon around the 4x tracks, DH and general pissing about in the woods.

If I wanted one to spend all day in the saddle, I’d probably look at a medium sized Soul. And £300 for the BFe, you can’t go wrong.

I_Ache
    Free Member

The BFe is sooo much better. I had a 16″ 456 and it was OK but not great, but I did come from a Sov. My brother has an 18″ 456 and I did a bit of a back to back in the Peak on Sunday and the BFe is just loads better. The 18″ 456 is longer than my medium BFe but the 16″ 456 matches it quite well, my wife now has the 16″.

Ste’s BFe looks good.

EDIT: I am 6 foot and spent 6 hours on my medium on Sunday, Its first proper ride. And it was fantastic, I didn’t feel cramped and it was a hoot over the steep rocky stuff.

I think of the 456 as more of a long travel XC bike and the BFe as more of a hoonigan

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Ste can I get a size and some pics? (gchippetteATmsnDOTcom)And can you hold on to it for a bit ?

ste_t
    Free Member

I’ll have pics ready in an hour or so for you. Its a 17″. My new frame won’t be with me til next week and I’m in no rush.

ste_t
    Free Member
    King-ocelot
    Free Member

I love mine, a guy I sometimes ride with has a 456, we both agreed the BFe is much better as a bike you can thrash around. They really can take a beating. With a short stem the handlings really snappy and you can throw it around. At £300 it’s a bargain too. I’m 5’9 and have done 9 hour rides on my small BFe, feels about a good size. You won’t regret buying one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How dose a Bfe compare?’ is closed to new replies.