Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • how do you………….dry your shoes ??
  • iainc

getting fed up with shoes being damp for the next ride. I usually pull the insoles out and leave them all somewhere reasonably warm, but away from direct heat. Reckon I need to rig up a hook or something in the hot water cylinder cupboard -)

epicsteve
    Free Member

Stuff them with newspaper and stick them in the airing cupboard.

woffle
    Free Member

stuff them full of newspaper, tip them so they're nose down and stick them reasonably close to the log-burner (no direct heat, just wamer than elsewhere) usually did the trick last winter. I found I was better off using my Sidi shoes, full of holes and fast-draining, than my Sidi 'waterproof' boots which, when fully sodden, took a lot longer to dry out compared to the the lighterweight shoes…

tazzymtb

turn nappies inside out and put them in your shoes, lovely and dry in record time. Works best if they're not used ones though!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

"THE" shoe driers

Spud

Second the dryzone things, very good.

crazy-legs

Stuff with newspaper and put underneath the radiator.

singlespeedstu

Buy more than one pair of shoes you cheapskate. 😉

project
    Free Member

DONT GO OUT IN THE WET,OR RAIN.

Quite easy when you think about it,which obviously you havent.

smiffy

hang them on meathooks above the Rayburn.

iainc

LOL -) I have tried the newspaper, works pretty good, not thought of the nappies right enough ! The dryzones look good, but not cheap. Agree with woffle – spesh shoes seem to take about 3 days to dry, defrosters longer.., on a shelf in the kitchen. think it's time for a shelf in the cylinder cupboard…..

daim

+1 for disposable nappies.

simonm
    Free Member

+2 for disposable nappies.. The hard part is having a baby and all that though… expensive way to dry shoes to be honest.

samuri
    Free Member

I have more than one pair but yes, I generally fill soaking wet shoes with newspaper and leave under a radiator. Damp shoes just get thrown in my bike kit storage cupboard which is actually the boiler cupboard so it's always reasonably warm.

sharki
    Free Member

Nappies here too, plus the ladies love a man proud enough to walk into a supermarket to buy nappies, so great for meeting ladies….I messed up that one by asking what size i needed to fit inside a size 9 shoe..

Confirmed my status as a wierdo in the town from that point on……

Single but with dry feet, woot!

langy
    Free Member

another vote for newspaper, but also, if you're not already, take out the insole too. Dries quicker seperately and stops that damp sponge feel when you put the shoes back on!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘how do you………….dry your shoes ??’ is closed to new replies.