Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • How do you wash your knee pads
  • thered

Specifically your Dainese Trailskin’s?

Mine are minging

P-Jay
    Free Member

Stick my D30 Raceface ones in the washing machine, 30c with a bit of Tropical Surf – I try to intercept them before they get to the dryer, but sometimes I miss ’em.

Zero kitten deaths so far

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was told by iXS that I should hand wash my Flow pads.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wash my dakine ones at 30 in machine. Says not to, but hey ho.

bugeye
    Free Member

My Trailskins have been fine in the washing machine many times 🙂

km79
    Free Member

Washing machine, on the training shoes cycle with halo sports wash. I have trailskins also, pretty sure the instructions said not to machine wash but they have been fine.

karlsbug
    Free Member

+1 Halo Sports wash, washed mine many times no bother.

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Poc VPD 2.0, washed in the machine @30° after every ride. 3 years on and no problems.

legend
    Free Member

Fox Launch Pros, straight into the machine with the rest of the kit. As they’re able to defeat Ariels finest, I guess they should be up for replacement

bgascoyne
    Free Member

my bliss ones go in the machine. They have some kind of foam in them and it takes about 3 days to dry!

iainc

interesting responses. I have TLD Speeds and POC VPD Air’s and have always sloshed them around in the bath, which is moderately effective. Think I’ll start putting them in the washing machine with my kit now ! (30 deg sports wash with Halo)

cubist
    Free Member

I wear my trailskins in the post ride shower every now and then.

damascus
    Free Member

Mine say dry clean only.

I’ve always put them in the wash and they have been fine.

I don’t think any dry cleaners would accept them covered in mud and stinky

spacehopper

Bung mine in the washing machine with all my other riding kit..

usually at 30 degrees and with non-bio powder..

but they’ve also survived 40 degrees and biological powder too with no issues..

they still look and feel brand new and they’re three years old now..

sandwicheater

Wash you say, hmmm, now that’s a thought.

Had them going on 7 years and never been washed. To be fair, only put on for the roughest of stuff. That and I try not to sniff them.

craig24
    Free Member

Fox Launch Pro’s in the wash, 30 or 40 and always been fine.

Northwind

Any bike stuff you can’t machine wash, other than maybe jackets, is bollocks. Some pad material and manufacturers seem pretty picky about cleaning thogh.

vickypea
    Free Member

Dunk them in a bucket of warm water and detergent and scrub.

benp1

My trail skins got wrecked after a very very wet weekend in the lakes. The material covering the pad literally disintegrated

I now have trail skins 2 which looks like a more robust design, although more able to get caked in mud. Haven’t used them yet though! Will probably stick them in the washing machine with my other biking kit

Marin
    Free Member

In the shower with me.

timidwheeler

30° wash with Aldi bio tabs. I wash all my pads and bags this way. Never any problems. I do put stuff in those mesh bags though, to stop straps and Velcro causing damage.

andybrad

washing machine. 30 deg. with some detol.

patriotpro
    Free Member

In the washing machine on a handwash with a bit of detergent. Been doing so for years with zero problems.

scaled
    Free Member

Mine are definitely due a wash, it was pretty bad just being in the car after Mondays ride 😀

oikeith

By riding in the rain with them on and then letting them dry in the boot of my car

fathomer

My current IXS Flows have been in the machine @ 30degree with what ever non bio we have after nearly every ride for the last 2.5years. Never done them any harm!

TheBrick
    Free Member

With artisan gogiy berry soap in spring water imported from Italy.

Tracey

G Forms just go in the washer with the bike clothes and washed as a normal wash.

timnoyce
    Free Member

My Trailskins go in the wash with all my other kit at 40°C.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Same way I was all my other sports kit, in the washing machine on a random cycle (it won’t do a 40 quick wash, and it won’t do a 30 full cycle except on wool/silk).

Normal detergent + oxy clean if something stinks and/or it’s muddy.

Only thing it’s ever killed was some sailing boots. The only thing I hand wash in fresh water is jackets as they don’t usually stink and I CBA re-proofing them or doing a separate wash with nikkwax.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘How do you wash your knee pads’ is closed to new replies.