Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How do you unlink ipads?
  • zippykona

We have 3 ipads and would like to keep them separate.
    I currently get all my wife’s I. messages and I know where my surprise birthday trip will be as her search history has shown up on my ipad.

Drac

For imessage.

Setting – Messages – Send & Receie

Then select your wifes icloud details and until any linked emails.

zippykona

They are all on my I cloud. Is that the problem?

Drac

Yup. You need to separate them by making new accounts, you can still link the app store by using your account though to share purchases.

zilog6128

Or just set the other accounts as “family” and share app purchases that way

DrP

Following…

My wife has 2 iphones, and now 2 ipads (home/work phones, and old/new ipad..)
    She kind of wants them all separate as any gumph clogging up one invariably is then installed on ALL of them, and clogs tehm up too.

I think setting up a new apple ID for the new ipad is the way forward…right?

DrP

zilog6128

depends what the purpose of each iPad is… I wouldn’t have separate IDs on mine because you’d then lose shared passwords, cut n paste, iCloud Drive, etc. Big backwards step to lose that connectivity. But if you’re just giving one to the kids to watch cartoons, etc, then it makes sense.

You can set a device so it doesn’t automatically install apps downloaded by another one, similarly photos, emails, etc. Depends what you mean by “gumph” really!

zippykona

We have shop ipad and then his and hers.
    When our apple tv goes on to rest mode we get pictures of damaged stock rather than romantic sunset pictures.

DrP

Depends what you mean by “gumph” really!

Basiaclly, I need to ‘get better’ at apple stuff.

Her I cloud is full. This (I’m told) stops her being able to ‘do stuff’ with her i phone. i think she wants to store photos on the device, not the cloud (as it’s full).
    I think we’ll wipe her OLD ipad and use that with a new account for the kids…

DrP

zilog6128

Her I cloud is full.

The best solution to that is just pay the 79p per month to upgrade the storage plan and not have to worry about it!

zippykona

A related question.
    I looked up some stuff on eBay that we needed for the shop. That was on my Samsung phone.
    When I then went and looked for more stuff on the iPad those items were in my recently viewed box even though I wasn’t logged in.
    How does that work?

stumpy01

e-mail address for your ebay account the same as used on your ipad?

zippykona

I sign into eBay using the same email address but the iPad doesn’t have my personal email on it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How do you unlink ipads?’ is closed to new replies.