Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • How do you store your bikes ?
  • rupertx
    Free Member

When I was in a bike shop recently I noticed that they had bikes hanging by the back wheels from large hooks screwed into the ceiling.

This seems a good method of storage for space saving.

How do you store yours ?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

leant against the sitting room wall

ton

hung up by the seats on a bar in the garage.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Lent against each other/motorbikes or just in a heap.

Pook

mounted to a wall with a clamp round the seat post

JRTG
    Free Member

open shed, chuck in qucikly before it and the others fall out, try and close door, done.

knottyknotty
    Free Member

with as many locks n chains as possible 🙂

tk46hal
    Free Member

In the garage leaning against each other and all chained up with a £140 motor bike chain to the floor!

nbt

hanging from hooks as per the shop, but I alternate front and back wheels to get the closer to each other

transporter13
    Free Member

Under stairs cupboard, never outside……anyone wants my bike and they’ll really have to want it to get it 😉

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Front wheel off all but the one I’m regularly using and stacked next to each other. Keep meaning to fix some hooks to hang the front wheels but never get round to it.

spooky_b329

Dining room, heaped against a once magnolia wall 🙂

paul20v
    Free Member

In the sitting room too .

steveh

In the cellar hung from wheel high from hooks in the rafters. Take much less room and easy to get any of them.

bol

All lent against each other in my hallway – against another once magnolia wall. Lost too many bikes outside to do that again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just built an A frame storage rack, 2.4m of 2×3 for the rail and another length of 2.4m 2×3 cut into 4 lengths bolted together makes the legs holds 7 bikes

bighendo
    Free Member

i have space in the garage….
    but its chained to a wall anchor in the house

Jeffus
    Free Member

Bike rack in the garage with loads of locks and chains, takes ages to undo my bike 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Randomly scattered around the garage. Only 1 bike is locked up. Complacent, moi?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

2 pallets on opposite walls of my garage with a scaffold bar bridged between. Bikes seats hooked over the bar with the front wheels on the floor (like a transition area at triathlon).

Large unfriendly dog lives in the garage with them.

rupertx
    Free Member

Thanks guys

There are a few interesting storage methods there.

Ive bought the large screw in hooks to start with but may progress to somethign a little more sophisticated as time goes on.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘How do you store your bikes ?’ is closed to new replies.