Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How do you stay motivated?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

I guess my way is to be negative about the way i’m being and how much more “inferior” i’ll be if i don’t go out, kind of works, but can be somewhat negative, ie i “fail” if i don’t go out.

Has anyone else some more “positive” methods they find works?

mildbore

My main one is that I know that no matter how much I don’t feel like going out I always feel better if I do

vincienup
    Free Member

If I’m feeling meh about riding it always evaporates into smiley fun within a few minutes no mater how crap the weather, so I just focus on that if I find myself talking myself out of a ride… 🙂

allfankledup

My wife just encourages me to get out the door….

DanW
    Free Member

Or on the flip side, (in the UK) even if you sacrifice every waking second in the pursuit of MTB glory and win a ton of elite stuff… you’ll still just be an amateur who has to hold down a full time job and is doing it for fun just like everyone else…. so nothing will have changed. Another key thing to remember, it never gets easier, you just go faster 😀 Chill out and enjoy riding

br
    Free Member

Ride with folk.

stevedoc
    Free Member

As above the wife tells to bugger off out for a couple of hours most weekends as all work and no play makes me shouty stabby , but seriously it does take more to get out when its grotty outside ,cold and wet, but I always feel %500 better when I have , more relaxed even if it then takes 60 minutes to clean the bike after

garage-dweller

I don’t ride as much as I would like so me I want more, although a stinking head ache, pending exams and the thought of a road ride alone in the dark saw me on the couch watching red dwarf last night so it’s not guaranteed to work every time!

mattyfez

^yup.

Also I’m looking forward to the colder weather in the UK.. Got some new fancy gloves and shorts to try out.

For me it’s not a question of failing to go out, if I don’t fancy it I don’t bother, but i just love to be out, even if it’s just an hour round trip, and grab a pint of ale or a pie and head back.

I guess I just like getting wet and muddy, im a child at heart lol!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How do you stay motivated?’ is closed to new replies.