• This topic has 48 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Bazz.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • How do you solve a problem like IS.
  • gonzy
    Free Member

simples…round them all up and cut their nuts off…so the 72 virgins will be very disappointed…then cut off their beards and call them Daesh!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

What we need to do is install a few hardline dictators in the region . People a bit like Saddam Hussein and Gadaffi who will commit a few minor atrocities in their own countries but will be able to keep the various factions under control . Oh wait a minute we got rid of them . Then all we have to do is sort out the Israel/Palestine problem and the job’s a good un . You can’t force democracy on a country or it isn’t democracy .

stewartc
    Free Member

Continue the carnage until me and my pet tortoise, Garald, are the only ones left alive.

gonzy
    Free Member

Continue the carnage until me and my pet tortoise, Garald, are the only ones left alive.

Garald will outlive you…so you might as well perish with the rest of us….saves him the heartache… 😛

slowoldman

I think you should get Andrew Lloyd Webber in ….after all he sorted out
    How do we solve a problem like Maria …didn’t he??

Er no. That would be Rogers and Hammerstein.

soobalias
    Free Member

the best approach to eradicating something is to create as many threads about it as possible on STW.

if you look closely we are half way to the end of BlackFriday.
    The incessant what tyre threads eventually sounded the bell for 26″ wheels.

jody
    Free Member

Iv’e got a feeling the trouble will end when the Qatar oil pipeline to the EU is complete!

bluehelmet
    Free Member

I’ve long considered this and there are two basic issues, the first is to stop intefering in their environment, and the second is to put our own house in order locally.

The thing we have more to fear is the home grown disaffected, now we either have to review our own moral compasses and not provide examples of why we are the devils spawn, with our open drunken immorality spewing out onto the streets night after night. Why would any group of religious types like their young to adopt our ways? Lots of them are offended by open homo and heterosexual promiscuity and all those other new benefits of having dumped our religious beliefs, easy to point at and sway young minds in an environment like Islam with the promise of a new idealistic state worth fighting and dying for. Face it only a generation ago the then youth fought for God Country and a better tomorrow.

So if you have decided to accept multi cultures, then you have not to encourage opposites nor discourage the religious beliefs of one group whilst pandering to those of another. Or provide a level playing field and ban all religion, fundamentally it is the root cause of the problem.

As to the current situation with ISIS, they are genuinely awaiting the armies of Rome and an apocalypse, if you study their teachings, which means boots on the ground, nothing will stop until they are beaten militarily.

That’s it really, now we as a society are not going to tolerate a return to puritanism or sharia so that needs explaining hard and fast and the secular nature of our situation reinforced hard. That means fewer mosques and fewer clerics, be firm, but fair, their teachings are contrary to this nations evolved state, take them elsewhere.

Or adopt and reinforce Christian puritanism and a return to victorian ideals, a little truth, honesty, prayer, and ethical conduct wouldn’t go amiss particularly amongst our ruling caste, that way no one side has to endure a different set of ideals to the other and the seeds of radicalisation cannot be planted. You can’t have it both ways or you get what we have now.

Bazz

I voted “No” in the other thread, but that however does not mean i also think we should do nothing, in my opinion what we can add to the current situation by carrying out air strikes can be summed up as nothing positive.

Oddly there is very few posts on either this thread or that other one that i disagree with, they all (mostly) have their merits and make some good points. However before IS can be defeated all of these need to happen in my opinion:

Stop Turkey bombing the Kurds

Stop Russia bombing the FSA

Negotiate a cease fire between the FSA and Assad’s forces

Once the above are achieved then there will be sufficient ground forces to confront IS on numerous fronts with sufficient air power used to support them to defeat them militarily. Then we can move onto the longer term problem of a long term cease fire between the FSA and Assad and the ending of hostilities between Shia and Sunni.

The first part of this is feasible but alas i fear unlikely, and considering that the second part is going to be much harder, maybe even impossible at the moment.

And it’s for those reasons that i’m out.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘How do you solve a problem like IS.’ is closed to new replies.