Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • How do you Sign-off you emails?
  • FG
    Free Member

Cool, Swedish?

Norwegian. Work in Oslo so use it occasionally.

DrJ

Danish: hilsen fra
    French: @+
    English: whatever …

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

gesundheit

Cougar

Cheers / regards sometimes, depending on context, but usually I just end with my initial and a full stop. It appears to be catching on, I’ve noticed a few people at work doing it now.

Cheers,

A.

oddjob
    Free Member

I’m with the Mvh crowd too unless it’s A+ if I want to be a show off.

Cougar

In related ranting,

What is it with companies and bloody email signatures? Most of the emails I receive contain a body that’s just a single line of text, followed by half a page of someone’s personal biography with little pictures of envelopes and telephones and some nonsense about the green issues of printing out emails, then the company’s automatic boilerplate text which is a full page of pseudolegal bollocks that probably isn’t legally binding and no-one ever reads ever anyway.

And, breathe.

miketually
    Free Member

some nonsense about the green issues of printing out emails

Which, if you do need to print the email, doubles the number of pieces of paper.

I often send very, very short emails. No opening or closing. Sometimes I just send a subject line and no text. I blame Twitter.

At work, we need some staff training on email. We still have staff sending email with no subject line, or misusing reply/reply-to-all.

While I’m on, we also need to remove the ‘!’ key from the keyboard of whoever updates our Facebook page !!!

scaredypants

I tend to go with

“hugs, kisses and every inch of my love
    Hora”

organic355
    Free Member

On an automatic signature thingy its “Kind regards” but it depends if the email is asking/telling someone to do something then I change it to “Many thanks” or Cheers if I am more familiar with them.

njee20
    Free Member

Many thanks/thanks/cheers/ta

Depending on who/how formal!

passtherizla
    Free Member

*insert name of recipient*

*body of message goes here*

Thanks
    *your name goes here*

is usually how mine go.

Pieface

I like to use comic sans or similar to make it look like I signed the email with my own fair hand

hammerite
    Free Member

Kind Regards,
    Many Thanks, (which thinking about it sound a bit like when Billy Ray pretends to be African in Trading Places).

If I know them well or it’s internal I put “Cheers,”

One thing that really winds me up is people who have “Best Regards, Bob” as part of their auto signature. They then write an e-mail using a different colour text and still sign off with “Thanks, Bob” even though they have it as part of their auto signature.

njee20
    Free Member

One thing that really winds me up is people who have “Best Regards, Bob” as part of their auto signature. They then write an e-mail using a different colour text and still sign off with “Thanks, Bob” even though they have it as part of their auto signature.

+1

Another thing… my email address is “Nicholas”, but I always sign it off as “Nick”, really irritates me when people reply “thanks for this Nicholas…”, one person even called me Richard. Very odd.

binners

I know, I know… it really is beautiful, isn’t it?

Hora

footflaps

I like to use comic sans or similar to make it look like I signed the email with my own fair hand

deluded
    Free Member

‘Muchly’ was the sign off in an Email that I received yesterday 👿

Pray for me,

Larry.

warton
    Free Member

Mainly ‘cheers’, ‘thanks’ if it’s more formal

bramblerash
    Free Member

‘Cheers N Gone’

matt_outandabout

Some, they call me……
    Tim

m1kea
    Free Member

Nice one Footflaps 😆

I’d love to do this for some emails

And staying on the multi lingual line,Yob Tvoyu Mat would be very tempting.

bearnecessities

Nanoo-Nanoo

Cougar

Shazbot.

piemonster

Kind Retards

redwoods
    Free Member

I mostly sign off with a ‘thanks’. Way too many people I come into contact with at work, sign off with ‘Best’ and I don’t get it at all. What does it mean? Where did it come from? Who started it?! It’s like best wishes but they can’t be arsed to finish the sentence 🙄

CountZero

Regards, Best Wishes, All the Best, depending on circumstances.

andyrm
    Free Member

holla @ me l8r fam

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Ta
    Cheers
    Thanks
    Many thanks

jota180
    Free Member

BURMA

garage-dweller

Something appropriate to the content of the email and recipient. Plus masses of regulatory information more often than not. I have a 2 line sign off for internal non client stuff.

labsey
    Free Member

On an automatic signature thingy its “Kind regards” but it depends if the email is asking/telling someone to do something then I change it to “Many thanks” or Cheers if I am more familiar with them.

Pretty much this although I tend to initial stuff if it’s informal.

What annoys me is all those email signatures asking you to ‘think before printing this email’. I don’t need to print it, I already have a place to keep my emails. It’s called Outlook.

zokes
    Free Member

‘M’

ourmaninthenorth

+1 Cougar
    +1 miketually

If you’re external you might see your name and my name, but none of this regards shiz. waste of my life.

Duggan

‘Kind Regards’ from me because I have to put something and I genuinely couldn’t give two shits what it is or what someone else thinks of it…surely to god nobody actually pays attention to this stuff

Kind Regards
    Duggan

swamp_boy

Bit old fashioned, usually depends on the recipient and tone of the message. But I sometimes add this footer:

#######

This e mail is intended for the individual addressee(s) above and may contain material that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs, singly or in any combination.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘How do you Sign-off you emails?’ is closed to new replies.