Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How do you remove old bar grips? Sorry!
  • grtdkad

This may be a silly question … I have just bought a pair of new Bonty XXXxxxXXX-lite Grips to fit my carb-bars. Is there any easy way to remove the old set, or do I have to accept the next hour is going to involve a lot of cursing and scratching?
    The previous set of grips went on with the old 'hair spray' method…

Any guidance would be appreciated

DT78
    Free Member

Stanley knife

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

hairspray, trust me, spray inside the grip and keep twisting and it will come off nps

chainslapp
    Free Member

Im bald, but I use hairspray. 😆

Pierre

Use a thin screwdriver or an old spoke _carefully_ to lift up the edge of the old grip and try and squirt some water or GT85 under there. Wriggle the loose bit of grip around and you should find that the fluid you've squirted in there spreads around a bit and loosens the whole grip.

That, or carefully slice through it with a Stanley knife taking care not to go into the carbon.

: P

bassspine
    Free Member

I use a chopstick to work up under the grip, spray in some gt85 and twist it round.

davy-g
    Free Member

something to wedge under the grip and then spray some wd40 under the grip and then simply twist off…(make sure you have the nozzle fitted to the wd40 can)

Kahurangi

Has anyone mentioned that you just lift up the edge of the grip with a screwdriver or skewer and spray some WD40 in the work it in yet?

Thought not.

grtdkad

Thanks folks! Sorted

GT85 off
    VO5 on…..!

chainslapp
    Free Member

Dont forget to use the GHD's to smooth the grips out. 😆

naokfreek
    Free Member

GT85 off

Is this the creation of a new insult?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How do you remove old bar grips? Sorry!’ is closed to new replies.