Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • How do you protect your phone while on the bike and whats your opinion on these?
  • lightman
    Free Member

Ive been looking at getting a refurbished Motorola Defy because its waterproof, so I don’t have to bother about putting my phone in a waterproof bag when I go out.
    The other phone I was looking at was Discovery V6 , but its a lot bigger and battery life doesn’t seem that great, the only thing that may sway it, is that has a more up to date OS!

Will the OS make that much difference?
    I’ll only be using it for texting, occasional phone call, and a sometimes checking to see where I am on the GPS.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got an S4, I did buy a waterproof plastic case for it, but generaly just stick it in a plastic bag if it’s raining. I’m more worried about crashing and landing on it. Not much help!

gonzy
    Free Member

I’ve got an S4, I did buy a waterproof plastic case for it, but generaly just stick it in a plastic bag if it’s raining. I’m more worried about crashing and landing on it. Not much help!

i have the same phone and do the same. i’ve now resorted to putting it in the camelbak instead of my pockets.

njee20
    Free Member

I put it in a sandwich/carrier bag in my jersey pocket. Never had a problem.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i use one of these, http://podium-uk.com/shop/4570437665/innertube-wallet/4976316 and keep it in my pocket. stick some cash/card in there too for the pub.

matt_outandabout

I have an old black and white nokia for proper days out on the bike/boat/hills.

prawny

As above, use my normal phone (galaxy S3) in a pocket of my bag or (well gnar) bumbag. In a plastic sarnie bag if it’s lobbing down.

I also have a retro Nokia or Sony Ericsson on a different network payg if I’m going somewhere dodgy and need good signal and/or battery life.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have an old black and white nokia for proper days out on the bike/boat/hills.

This. After being mildly let down on the offer of a Samsung old candybar phone, I just bought a Nokia off Amazon for £15. Week of battery and bombproof.

cdoc
    Free Member

Used to use a plastic bag, but then I wandered into SportsDirect and found Karrimor drybags for three quid!

Fits a wallet, phone and first aid kit easily.

onandon
    Free Member

I used a zip lock bag until I picked up a Topeak drybag and bar mount.
    It works well and is totally waterproof

sandwicheater

Pop it in a neoprene case for impact protection and then wrap up in a sandwhich bag, iphone 5 and it’s not died yet.

all in all £3

timraven

I’ve an S4 and recently bought a Topeak dry case and bar mount too. I put it on the top tube, because I could, and it seemed less vunerable in the inevitable OTB moment. Well inevitable for me anyway 🙄

cookeaa

on the MTB Mine gets double bagged in old carrier bags and then put in the top pocket of my rucksack, which has a waterproof cover pulled over it on wet days…

On the Road bike it simply goes in a bar top map pocket which is waterproof…

I am however due an upgrade this week, and I’ve decided water proofness is part of my deciding criteria (ref this thread last week) probably going for a sony next…

jamesy01
    Free Member

Leku
    Free Member

You hide it in a pork pie?

iamroughrider
    Free Member

sandwich bag and a pound shop camera case.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Top tip: get one of those 1L drybags and when you roll the top leave a bit of air in their to act as a cushion should the worst happen and you come off.

neilm
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these. Pocket Pouch.

I’ve ridden in wet condition all day and even fallen off in a stream (we’ve all done it) and the phone, money, car keys etc are all kept dry.

honourablegeorge

S5 and Xperia Z2 are both waterproof.

Nick-Scots
    Free Member

My brothers Motorola defy was supposed to be waterproof but the gps failed after a heavy shower in La Bresse a few weeks back. It was about ten mins of thundery rain. It was in his pocket. It still works except the gps.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I just put my S4 straight in my rucksack, sometimes I stick it in a walking sock for extra protection. The phone has always come out ok when me and the bike have not…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use an otterbox waterproof hard case with foam lining cut to fit the phone. Bit weighty and bulky but then so am I.

IA

Overboard case:

Waterproof Phone Cases

Bonus feature of letting me film/photo stuff on holiday in the pool/sea etc.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

them karrimor dry bags look good, can stick some dry gloves & socks in too!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Fits phone, enough tools and keys/cash and fits in a jersey back pocket if riding sans Camelbak.
    Iphone 4 fits nicely, but my old Galaxy was too big. I suspect iphone5 would have the same problem.

flashes
    Free Member

I use a Samsung B2100 after killing 3 Nokia bricks. I put it a phone sock and so far so good…

Is there anyway of riding with an IPhone, without it breaking?

oldnick

Is there anyway of riding with an IPhone, without it breaking?

Lifeproof case works for me

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘How do you protect your phone while on the bike and whats your opinion on these?’ is closed to new replies.