Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How do you play GoPro footage on your telly?
  • crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I’ve tried streaming from PC to PS3 but it’s a stuttering mess. I’ve also tried writing an mp4 to CDR and playing on the PS3 with the same results.

These are HD recordings and I’d like them to stay that way.

All suggestions gratefully received.

nickjb
    Free Member

Can’t you just plug it in with an HDMI lead?

Only got a Chinese copy but you can plug an HDMI in or plug it into a USB port.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Plug mine in via the USB lead it comes with for quick screening.

creamegg
    Free Member

You can play raw footage via the hdmi lead. If yiuve got edited studd you can connect your laptop to tv via hdmi or use an usb stick in the ps3 ( think it has to be a certain format type- cant remember which of the two though)

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

The PC and the TV are at opposite ends of the house unfortunately!

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I’ve looked at getting a laptop but that appears to be massive wedge, c.£750+?

nickjb
    Free Member

Why do you need to use a computer? Just plug the go pro into the tele

damascus
    Free Member

Buy a Google chrome cast (£30 from Tesco) and “flick it” from phone, pc etc to tv. You just need a hdmi port and usb port.

jam1e
    Free Member

I’ve used the techy geek solution.

I have Plex server installed on my computer (on to which I upload all of my GoPro videos)

I then use the Plex android app to chromecast the videos on to the telly.

It works really well.

willard

I was looking into doing something similar to this using a media server/NAS and DNLA, but the bandwidth requirements for watching streamed full HD are quite high and WiFi just does not cut it. I was advise to consider CAT6 Gigabit ethernet as the transport medium. DNLA also has limitations on what formats things can be in for the streaming.

That said, you could encode down to 720p and use a Chromecast or Apple TV and the footage should not be too terrible. I’d still say that getting the right format for your telly and plugging a fast USB stick in the back is the way forward. 1080p works off a USB2 stick on my Samsung.

antares
    Free Member

I can stream straight from the pc to the tv but It can be a bit unreliable as Willard points out. So I just put the videos on a usb stick and plug it straight in the tv. My Samsung tv doesn’t support 50/60 fps though.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

If I got something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCZ80-064G-X46-Extreme-Flash-Drive/dp/B007YXA5SI

and plugged it into my PS3 would that work nice and smooth do you think?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Cheap HDMI cable from ebay works fine straight into tv

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

crimsondynamo – Member
    If I got something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDCZ80-064G-X46-Extreme-Flash-Drive/dp/B007YXA5SI

and plugged it into my PS3 would that work nice and smooth do you think?

For anyone who is interested, this didn’t work for a couple of reasons:

1. PS3 requires the FAT32 format, but 64gb sticks can’t be formatted to FAT32
    2. FAT32 won’t accept a file size of more than 4GB.

So that was £39 very badly spent I’m afraid. 🙁

AlexSimon

Amazon are good with returns 🙂

I know it’s another device that you might not otherwise need, but this has been a great unit for me:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Western-Digital-WD-TV-Live-HD-Streamer-/141485734621?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item20f134fadd
    (that’s the cheapest I can find it, but there are auctions going for less).

Edit: No Fat32 limit for connected drives, but it’s really best used with a NAS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How do you play GoPro footage on your telly?’ is closed to new replies.