Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • how do you people reate RS monarch shocks?
  • alpin
    Free Member

matey wants to lighten up his bike and get rid of his 670gr coil shcok.

RP from fox has been recommended.
    what about monarch shocks? only reason is that he’s seen one for sale at a decent price (100€).

cheers

the_lecht_rocks

unit has excellent damping (surprisingly for RS) , but reliability is suspect, from other user reports, although mine has been excellent during the little use it’s received…..

mrmo
    Free Member

weird one, on Saturday went for a ride, shock was perfectly fine, worked on the bike on Saturday Afternoon, there was no air in the shock, it was fine when i got home but a few hours later no air?

Pumped it up on saturday, and went for a ride yesterday no issues, no air leak?

I have no idea how the air pressure disappeared!

the_lecht_rocks

mrmo – check the air inlet valve doesn’t leak – easily fixed by removing then reassembling..

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’m running a 4.2. It isn’t as good as the coil shock it replaced (Roco TST-R)but it has enough adjustability to get it performing almost as well. I’ve had no issues with reliability in the 4-5 months it’s been on the bike and it’s taken a fair bit of abuse.

mrmo
    Free Member

lhr, thanks, if it leaks again i will have a look. If it ain’t bust don’t fiddle, if it doesn’t leak i am not touching it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘how do you people reate RS monarch shocks?’ is closed to new replies.