Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How do you organize you flickr
  • tails
    Free Member

I have a few thousand photos in sets. I’d like to organize them better, so i can easily search them before it gets outta control. How do you do this i have seen collections and tags. Any advice gratefully received.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Put the sets in collections.

I’ve got “Biking”, “Climbing”, “Travel”, “People”, “Fishing”, “Nature & Scenics”, “Hillwalking” and “Glamour & Nude”

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartie_c/

Sets can overlap between collections in the same way as sets can intersect (a photo can belong to several sets). You can also have collections within collections.

Tags are pretty useful but you have to be disciplined and add them at upload; doing it retrospectively would be a real pain.

druidh
    Free Member

LOL at stuartie_c.

I predict a lot of disappointed STW readers….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tails
    Free Member

Cheers Stu that sounds great. Love the blue sky in your pics!

tails
    Free Member

If I had photo’s of friends I wanted to show them when I visit. Would it be best to tag them or make a separate collection. Wish I’d read it before, but typical guy instructions out the window!

Muke
    Free Member

You can send out links to sets but not for collections. To be able to create a collections link is on the Flickr upgrade wish list.

Muke
    Free Member

Stuartie_c.

How do you get your photostream homepage to only show collections, it is very tidy.

frogstomp

How do you get your photostream homepage to only show collections, it is very tidy.

At the bottom of your Photostream page there should be a link that says “Did you know you can change the layout of this page?”

flamejob
    Free Member

tag everything and use the search. I’m on 5300 photos and it seems the only true way to do anything useful.
    (Pro flickerer since beta)

Muke
    Free Member

Good work frogstomp

Thanks

Ewan
    Free Member

Different set for each ‘trip’ or ‘event’. Seems to work well. I’ve started using tags using the batch organiser gizmo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ewanpanter/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How do you organize you flickr’ is closed to new replies.