Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • How do you handle cows
  • alpin
    Free Member

i’m wary as hell with moo-beasts around. having grown up in east london there weren’t too many around.

was out on a ride with the GF back in summer. riding up hill along double track, skirting a field that i had ridden many times before we spot this heard of moo-beasts charging towards us from the other side of the field about 500m away… my GF is nonchalant and i’m beginning to panic as i point out to her that the only thing separating us is a piddly electric fence (single wire stacked out with those plastic poles). with the cows now about 20yrds away and showing no signs of slowing we both turn and throw the chain to the right and hot wheel it back down the hill…. the cows (which turn out to be young bulls) keep charging. we came to a fence and threw ourselves over into an adjacent field. cows come down and stand there looking at us. we fed them for five minutes, jumped back over the fence and rode back up the hill again. the young bulls just plodded along keeping pace with us till they reached the end of their fence.

don’t like cows, or, as fred said, “chaaaws”.

i like baaaa-ing at them in an ironic way, though.

butcher

I thought this thread would be full of ‘man-up’, and ‘aww, they’re cuddly things, they’ll do no-one any harm’. It hasn’t been the confidence booster I was expecting! Some interesting replies though.

It was a funny one yesterday, because the field wasn’t really a field. There was a gate to get into it, then a vast open space with the trail leading right through the centre. The ‘other side’ being about 2 miles away. And yes, with all that space to play in, the cows wanted to come an see me. I waited until they wandered off again before proceeding.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The mother-in-law ??

Well I mostly just blanked her yday

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘How do you handle cows’ is closed to new replies.