Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • How do you feel about getting older ?
  • chestrockwell

I’m 37 and don’t miss being younger at all really. I was single for a majority of my 20’s and early 30’s so had a great time spending money on myself. Lot’s of partying, holidays, toys, girls etc. so think I got it out of my system. Before I met my fiancee all the fun stuff had started to become stale anyway after a decent run at it.

Yes, old Rugby injuries are starting to catch up with me, the hair is finally starting to thin and I find it difficult to get weight off but I have a great 2 year old lad and marry my soul mate in a few months so even though I feel I’ve moved in to a new chapter of my life I have no regrets and don’t feel any need to look back.

Must admit though, I do look at some of my mates that married young after very little experience and wonder how they view their life.

jon1973
    Free Member

Can’t beat a good plucking with tweezers, though…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuCa_texW_0[/video]

ononeorange

Almost turning 50, look and feel more like 60. I have up days and down since having a bad medical diagnosis, today definitely a down. On the bright side, tomorrow will be better.

Tick all the boxes for aches and pains and have been bald as a coot since mid-20’s. I think I blinked and missed my youth.

All-in then, it’s not great is it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    epicyclo

highlandman – Member
    …It’s that ‘keeping going’ thing that I reckon is the most important part about getting older. Just do not stop….

That, just do not stop… 🙂

I recommend conserving your body – avoid heroic riding with potential life limiting consequences.

But the worst is the unearned medical issues that seem to pop up in an almost continuous stream once you hit your mid 40s. If you give in to them, other than for necessary recuperation, you’re doomed to couch vegetable life thereafter because it is almost impossible to re-motivate once you fall into that trough (judging by what has happened to friends).

I figure I’ll know when I’m old and frail when I fit gears and suspension… 🙂

RepackRider
    Free Member

I’ll be 70 in a few months. I would like to continue to get older because the only alternative really sucks.

I still ride my bike, a lot, and I play in an amplified band. These are not activities my father participated in at this age.

Now that the kid is grown and gone, I get to party again like it’s 1999.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice one Repack!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

great !

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘How do you feel about getting older ?’ is closed to new replies.