Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • How do you deal with BT?
  • tthew

But fair enough the CEO actually reads and replies to customer complaints.

There’s probably a small team of CEO complaints managers rather than the man himself, but these people do seem to be pretty effective in all companies when you finally get to them.

I’d not give the bloke too much praise though, a real effective CEO would be royally kicking arse to get these problems sorted, through contractual means with Openreach if they are not his responsibility.

theotherjonv

Well, I was warned and I didn’t listen.

I’ve had to schedule and reschedule my transfer from Talktalk to BT three times; each time they’ve told me they’d do the phone first and then schedule the broadband and I’ve told them that wouldn’t work and I want it all done together.

Right up until yesterday I was getting emails confirming the 8-1 broadband engineer coming and the phone line switchover to take place. Come half one, the phone’s off, and no engineer. After 90 minutes on the phone to two call centre staff of various seniorities, they confirm there’s nothing they can do now, phone should be on ‘by Monday’ and once that was on then they’d reschedule the engineer. But I need to be in for that – means another day off, plus I’m travelling Tues-Fri next week so EARLIEST I can do it is looking like Mon 7th. 10 days without access to thee web, plus all the other services like On Demand, Netflix that we pay to subscribe to and can’t use.

To keep the peace with those whose needs must be met, I’m in for £40 for a mobile dongle thingy and a 15Gb allowance – which the young trainee bloke at Currys/PCWorld was brilliant at explaining to a technumpty like me – plus I’m going to work out how to tether my Giffgaff mobile for my own use. And thanks to this thread, I’ve emailed Gavin Patterson, had a response, and had it elevated to the Executive level service team who are evaluating. So – fair do’s – seems once you get to the right people then things can be done (I’m assuming something will be done…..) and I’m glad I didn’t go the full twitter rant route. At least – not yet.

If someone from BT does scan the web for BT related material and is reading this – I’ll be posting an honest update so do me good, and I’ll be fair back. But mess me around – you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry…..

scotroutes

Mate recently had an issue moving from TalkTalk BB to BT BB. Apparently, the date the former gave to the latter was only a “guesstimate” so the BT engineer was booked but couldn’t do anything as the account hadn’t been handed over yet 🙄

theotherjonv

Broadly the same issue as I got from my call centre guy. That they’d gone to port the line from TalkTalk and then found there was an issue.

They’ve only had a month preparation time, and surely the number of lines they port – there can’t be any new issues, can there?

[edit] and well I’ll be jiggered……. my phone line’s just rung too…..

How strange – seems like they could do it after all!

instanthit
    Free Member

I have had recent problems with BT over incorrect bill, they owed us over £200 but no one would sort it. Found this website below, e mailed CEO and had e mail within 24 hours from Executive complaints dept, followed by phone call and then the cheque within 10 days. Will not be going near BT again.
    BT Complaints Department Numbers Email Address to write …
    phonebt.com/bt-complaints/

timba
    Free Member

Give BT a chance, it’s only had 169 years to improve

theotherjonv

OK, I said I’d be honest.

Phone line went live on Friday evening after my emails with the CEO and the ELC, and I got an email promising me a call on Monday, which i duly got. Still some confusion on the Broadband as apparently someone had gone to the box and exchange on Friday, found they couldn’t do the fibre connection for reasons unspecified but rather than tell me, just went away again. The ELC lady told me she couldn’t honestly tell me what the issue was but they’d get an engineer to it asap and find out and call me again today to update me. And in the meantime, to let her know my out of pocket costs for the dongle thing and she’d get a credit for that.

At which point the front door bell rang – and a happy smily Openreach guy told me he’d had a look in the cabinet and was 95% sure he knew what the problem was, could he check something on the socket, could he install the router, then he’d run a diagnostic on the box and confirm. 10 minutes later his 95% is now 100%, he needed to disappear for a few mins to the cabinet further up the road and then he’d be back to check he’d fixed it.

So about half three yesterday, I’m hooked up to 40Mbps fiber broadband and alls well with the world again.

So – in honesty, you shouldn’t have to reschedule 3x, and then get all ranty on the phone and email to the CEO to get done, but if you find the right people then they can be pretty effective.

Why anyone would WANT to be CEO of a major PLC – **** knows.

theotherjonv

Right, I’m starting to get a bit ranty again.

My broadband went off sometime yesterday. My wife (I’m away until later tonight) has done all the reset stuff, turn on and off again, etc. No joy. I’ve contacted my ELC lady and waiting for another call back.

Just now i got a call (voicemail on my mobile) from the Indian call centre again – a different number and location to the one I contacted.

They are very sorry my broadband still hasn’t been activated, they don’t yet have a schedule for when it will be and they will call again on Monday (5 days) to give me a further update. It appears they still believe my line is not active.

Sounds like someone has started pressing buttons again and **** it up again.

Not impressed.

DavidB
    Free Member

Whilst PlusNet are a subsidiary of they who shall not be named, they do at least understand my categorical refusal to communicate directly with their parent and get on with sorting out the frequently downed overhead cables, or some ham-fistedness at the not so local cabinet/exchange and it all happens reasonably quickly and painlessly.

My experience is the opposite. We moved a line with Plusnet from the 3rd to the 4th floor in the same building. Utter utter incompetence their end with every stage of the process going wrong and a minimum of 30-40 minutes wait time to get to talk to someone. I will never buy from them again. Everything BT touches is tainted and I want to kill my television every time I see an annoying jovial northerner talking about broadband.

stcolin
    Free Member

I had constant broadband issues for around a month, dropping out randomly. Finally had to get them in. It’s a business line. Sorted on the first visit. Was a faulty line on the telegraph pole.

My gf is moving into a new build in the new year and has heard from residents who have already lived there since October, that they still haven’t been connected. How is that even possible in 2016 in Manchester?

NewRetroTom

How is that even possible in 2016 in Manchester?

It’s still 2015 where I am…

One of my colleagues has had a similar problem getting connected in a new build (but in Fife). Even worse there is no mobile phone signal there, so when he’s at home noone can contact him at all!

brassneck

**Which also includes BT Plusnet, let’s not forget. Bastions of customer service until you use too much internet and get charged FFS!

I don’t think they do that any more? Or at least, I’m ‘unlimited’ now and haven’t been billed for going over since despite hitting 70Gb plus most months.

Believe me that’s an achievement on our circuit.

I’d recommend the OP try Plus, as they did all the dealing with Openreach for me when my line was being an arse. It was a reasonably straightforward, borderline pleasant experience – engineer within a week, fixed when he left.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘How do you deal with BT?’ is closed to new replies.