Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • how do you clean your waterproof altura jacket
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

….so it says on the label dont use a ‘biological cleaner’ and to wash @ 30 degrees…… im scared to put it in the washer incase the waterproofing comes out of it ?….. but its no fun wen jacket has ‘cow splatters’ on it…lol moo moo …ive just wiped it down for now but do you guys or gals throw it in the machine…if so what powder are you using (as it does say NO BIOLGICAL powder on thwe washing instructions…i guess i could use fairy then (thats ‘non biological’… 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

tech wash or grangers

Gorehound
    Free Member

tech wash or grangers

Second that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muddyground
    Free Member

+1 Grangers. Just make sure you wash out the detergent thingy on your washing machine first.

alexpalacefan

I just hang it up outside and hose it down.

APF

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol hose it down ahhahahah like it… 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

My Altura jacket is so old I just bung it in the wash with everything else, then the tumble drier to follow. It still keep the worse off.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Oops mine is new and Ive just given it to the Mrs who chucked it in the machine with all the other filthy crap. Oh well, only cheap.

chiefgrooveguru

So far, hose or get in the shower with it on… You’re unlikely to kill the waterproofing when washing it but any detergent based washing powder/liquid will remove the water repellency which means it will wet out as soon as it rains and lose all breatheability. When the diet gets too ingrained it’ll lose the repellency anyway so soap or Techwash will be needed to get that back (and maybe reproofing once you’ve been through that a few times).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘how do you clean your waterproof altura jacket’ is closed to new replies.