Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • how do you choose a saddle that will be comfy?
  • racefaceec90

have asked about saddles before (apologies),there is so much choice though.how can i choose a saddle that will be comfortable for my behind (when you cannot try before you buy,unless there is way that you can?) i am willing to pay a decent price for one,but do not want to spend out and find that it doesn’t fit my rear.how do you choose a comfy saddle (without trying it first. p.s my saddle is a fizik tundra mark 1 magnesium rails (like sitting on a breeze block) sorry for sounding stupid,but it is an important part of the bike.cheers in advance 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You can always try one out. I’m testing a Fizik Gobi at the moment (In a vile shade of green!) from my LBS. They loan out a tester, you try it. If you like it, you buy a proper one.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Keep trying until you find one that works for you. That’s the long and short of it.

Comfort can be found by a bit of fore n aft, or angle of dangle changes too, before you bin it.

There is a lot of hearsay ‘if you like X, you’ll love y’, which I’ve never found to hold true. So you just gotta keep trying.

Mintman
    Free Member

I’ve got an average ass so went with the view of many that the Charge Spoon was a comfortable perch for cycling.

Seems to have done the job.

HermanShake
    Free Member

SDG Bel-airs are great; I’ve got one on both the road and mtb. Quite a few options too.

Other popular saddles appear to be the Charge spoons and WTB grooved ones.

I had a Spesh Toupe; light as a feather, stiff as a board 😯

WackoAK
    Free Member

SDG Bel-airs are great

The SDG appears to be the default for most people but I do not get on with it at all, I find the extra width of a WTB Pure V suits me better.

MtbRoutes

I’m so happy with my Spesh Indie XC Sport (155) I’ve given up padded shorts.

cookeaa

I seem to have a WTB shaped Arse, it does come down to what suits your shape and also how you set it up, I personally like a saddle I can push back against (aft support seems to prevent my back from aching) a bit and I like to feel like it supports the full width of my arse (Sit bones?)…

It’s all far too personal for people to really give you advice over the interweb, go to a good LBS (if you have one) and ask them for some advice/pointers…

Esme
    Free Member

Get your bottom measured!

Spesh dealers should have an arse-ometer, to measure the width of your ischial protuberances (aka sit bones). It’s important that the padding on the saddle coincides with your sit bones.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I think you just have to buy a few and try them out. I’ve always used WTB’s just bought a Silverado of ebay for 20 quid and it’s really comfy. Is odd because it looks like a torture device and compared to other WTB’s I’ve had is really lacking in padding.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘how do you choose a saddle that will be comfy?’ is closed to new replies.