Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How do you buy football match tickets?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

This might seema really dumb question but my team is landing back in the premiership next year (hooray) and I want to take my girlfriend to a match against her team. Being a londoner her team is obviously manchester united, obviously. So I am wondering how to get tickets for when they play against newcastle. I dont care which sides seats we sit in, but not being a die hard fan I've not been to matches since i was a kid, any ideas? can you just buy them from the box office? Or is that a dream?

mike_check
    Free Member

Visit the clubs website, there will be ticket information on there, obviously release dates will be different but you will get the idea of the way they are released.

Bare in mind Newcastle sell out pretty much every game and tickets against any of the big clubs they could probably fill the ground twice so it's not going to be easy.

Maybe find someone with season ticket or whatever priority ticket scheme thing Newcastle offer to get some help.

Talkemada
    Free Member

The bigger clubs will have priority systems for buying tickets, especially for the big games. Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal are the big draws, so everyone and his dog wants tickets. You may need to have bought a minimum number of tickets for other matches first, in order to be eligible for any 'big' match tickets. Bear in mind that there will only be small number of tickets available for a Man U game, to the general public, after the season ticket holders, club members, corporate **** etc have got their share. Maybe just a few thousand. And you'll probably need to either queue up at the ground or on the 'phone for ages on the day they go on sale, to stand any chance of getting any.

Of course, ticket agencies are the easier option, but you'll pay a stupid amount. My mate's wife paid £400 for a ticket for him at Old Trafford, against Aston Villa. Just a league game too.

donsimon
    Free Member

As above, or support a team like Wrexham where they let you in for free!!! 😆

warton
    Free Member

Newcastle won't have any such systems in place for home games next season. They do for away games though, running a points system. keep an eye on nufc.co.uk. they normally release tickets for home games 2 to 3 weeks beforehand. phone up 9am on the day they are released you should be fine

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

You'll never get tickets for this game 😆

support a team like Wrexham where they let you in for free!!!

Agreed Wrexham V Rushdon & Diamonds a classic

colnagokid

Dont forget to take your boots- you'll probably get a game for the Toon 😆

colnagokid

whoops double post!

GW
    Free Member

This might seema really dumb question but my team is landing back in the premiership next year (hooray) and I want to take my girlfriend to a match against her team.

if it's "your team" you shouldn't need tickets.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

If it's at Man u you have no chance of getting in with the Newcastle fans-If it's anything like my team the people who can prove they've been to the last 6 away matches get preference-therefore you would probably need to go via an on line ticket service.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How do you buy football match tickets?’ is closed to new replies.