Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • how do you break the news to your wife/significant other.
  • brakes
    Free Member

easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Murray

Well done Mrs CloudNine! And much funnier then most of the posts in this thread.

RichPenny
    Free Member

So now you’ve got to buy her a bike and pay for the new french doors 😆

You sir, are boned 😉

richcc
    Free Member

Surely something along the lines of “I’ve been thinking about your back doors but got distracted and bought a bike instead” – will either prompt her feeling relieved or disappointed?

BadlyWiredDog

I love this tormented hiding things from your partner stuff. It’s slightly tragic and makes me feel vaguely fortunate.

Right now, in the cupboard under my stairs, are two carrier bags stuffed full of brand new XT bits belonging to my mate, who is hiding them from his wife – not because he’s not ‘allowed’ to buy them and build up a new bike, but because he’s terrified that the sheer number of boxes would bring the reality of his addiction home to roost.

Mind you, knowing Shimano, mostly the contents will be great wads of superfluous instructions in 78 different languages. They really don’t seem to give a stuff about sustainability do they? I’ve never seen so much unnecessary packaging, documentation and built-in obsolescence in my life. Nothing they make is economically rebuildable. They must spend billions on printing documents that are instantly discarded as soon as the box is opened. And the sheer size and glossiness of those boxes must have destroyed countless marriages and kept lawyers ticking over for years now.

Anyway…

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘how do you break the news to your wife/significant other.’ is closed to new replies.