Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How do you attach your battery pack to your bike
  • bigbadbob
    Free Member

I have just got a Hope Vision 4 light for my bike. What tips have you got (pics please) on how to attach the battery pack without scratching my frame. I only have a small stem, so I can’t attach it to that.
    Does the side of the battery with the strap holders have to go frame side, or does that matter?
    Please help, I don’t want to loose my battery on my first outing.

jekkyl

yeah you don’t want to lose your battery by it being too loose!

cable ties!!! are your friend, get down your local pound shop where you can usually pick a variety up for a pound.

stevied
    Free Member

These: http://dx.com/p/universal-nylon-mount-for-flashlights-and-lasers-12000

You may need a bit longer straps but they work great. Made of soft rubber so have a bit of give in them. I’ve bounded down a few DH tracks without any problem at all.
    You can put one side to the bars, the other onto the battery.
    They did do ones where the slots were 90 degrees to each other and they were even betterer 😀

Simon

My R4 from a couple of years ago has a stretchy strap with Velcro on. The battery pack has a piece of foam rubber on one side to protect your frame.
    I don’t have any pics of it on my frame but I can’t really see how you can fit it wrong tbh.
    If you’re bothered about mud getting between the strap and the frame and causing scratches wrap some electrical tape around that area of the frame.

PMK2060

I have put my battery into a drinks bottle. Battery is secured inside the bottle using cable ties (2 small slits in bottle for cable ties which are covered with duct tape).

A lot quicker to take on/off the bike and also waterproof.

PMK2060

I have put my battery into a drinks bottle. Battery is secured inside the bottle using cable ties (2 small slits in bottle for cable ties which are covered with duct tape).

A lot quicker to take on/off the bike and also waterproof.

stumpy01

I used to use a Lumicycle battery bag and over time it did scratch the paintwork a bit from the grit that got caught in between, but I wasn’t overly fussed.
    With my current frame, there wasn’t enough of a straight section to mount it on the frame so it’s now mounted in a bottle and goes in the cage.

The smaller battery for my spokeshirts light goes under the stem if needed and I zip tie it in place as the velcro doesn’t feel too secure.

If you are worried about it mucking your frame up or jostling loose, run an old split-open inner tube around the part of your frame secured at the ends with zip ties to protect the frame and give the battery somewhere more sticky to grip onto…

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Well I did a quick bodge last night before my ride up the Pentlands with an old inner tube and a couple of zipp ties. Seemed to work a treat. Thanks for all the info folks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How do you attach your battery pack to your bike’ is closed to new replies.