Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • How do the Mountain Bike Sales Reps find the jobs?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I have been in my LBS when the sales rep's from Santa Cruz and GT have been in a wondered if anyone knew where jobs like this are advertised.

I,ve been a sales rep for 2 years know and im currently working for Birdseye but would love to do what i do in the industry i love.

I've tried searching online and can't find anything regarding this industry (except for jobs at bikehut).

Maybe it's all internal and they don't advertise.

Bimbler
    Free Member

BikeBiz have job listings

nbt

look on the bikebiz website – but yes, knowing someone in the industry will help

trail_rat
    Free Member

very much internal and word of mouth bar a few jobs.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah i checked bikebiz thanks, only found shop managers mainly Halfords.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i thought that would be the answer.

Ill keep my eye out. Seen a few Shimano jobs advertised but for the fishing side of the company.

LoCo
    Free Member

Morning Mosey, how's the new bike coming together? Need any Loco stickers 😉
    Back on topic, I'd be check out the company your applying for as some can be a nightmare to work for, have seen alot of dejected sales reps in the bike industry over the years.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

ive got your sticker on my laptop as we speak. The bike is coming along but i still have limited movement.

I don't mind working for Birdseye at all, they are a good company and i have a job, just with what has happened recently its made me think about what i do and what will make me happiest.

tracknicko
    Free Member

another 'not what you know, but who you know' kind of thing if you ask me.

i know a couple and they both worked up through a LOT of years in the industry.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

yeah, think im dreaming to be honest. Going to ring round a few distributors because you never know.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yeah go for it there's no harm in asking, if they know your name and have a cv on file it's a good start. Go and have a chat to them at events to sound them out too as this'll give you a chance to see if you like them!

the-muffin-man

These people are new and expanding rapidly – may be worth a call…

http://www.eurobike.uk.com/

phinbob

Just my 2p's worth…

I'd suggest that you take a trip round your local /regional shops, at least the ones carrying the brands that you'd like to work for, and try and have a chat with the manager/proprietor (maybe a free lunch?) and see what they need from a rep – also maybe try and hook up with any local race organisers / big clubs and see what they think about the brands.

You'd then be in a good position to come up with some plans to boost the sales of a particular brand in the region you work in, and have a list of names to drop/relationships to bring with you to the organisation.

This might help, even if you don't have links within the organisations,links with their key customers and a decent plan might go some way to make up for it.

PB

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘How do the Mountain Bike Sales Reps find the jobs?’ is closed to new replies.