Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How do people stay so clean??
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Went up to the Surrey hills today and as expected got properly covered head to foot in mud and god knows what else, bike looks like it's had a mud bath and all's well in the world and as it should be.

However, I saw loads of people who were spotless, not just them but the bikes too a couple of mudguards evident but mostly not and yet…Spotless..

How does that happen then??

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Don't know, I always end up filthy, and not just 'cos I am at the back, not close enough to get anyone elses crap on me. I put it down to more "adventurous" line choice (call it bad choice if you like 🙂 )

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

They were probably just mincing round slowly avoiding anything wet or muddey. in other words, not proper MTBers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hicksy
    Free Member

It wasn't me you saw then!

A couple off weeks ago, when it had been raining for about 2 months, I was at the top of Holmbury Hill and there was a guy on a Scott and he didn't appear to have any mud on him or his bike. We couldn't work it out – even if he'd ridden it up the fire roads, he would of been mudder than that!

bigsi
    Free Member

as per cheesyfeet – They were mincing.

We were up there yesterday and saw a guy on a pristine white full susser, blue jacket not a spot on him (looked like a 5"+ bike) ride down the road towards Peaslake straight past the entrance to Barry's. 😯

I mean, thats just plain rude to ride down the road to peaslake rather than take the off road route. He could at least have done the bridleway 😉 😆

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bike always comes back brown with bits of vegetation stuck in it. But full crud guards are a great help at staying comfy and a bit cleaner.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Don't you just love it when your bike stinks of everything you just rode through.
    Gloop fest with a SB8 on the back was fun yesterday. Not used to sliding sideways when descending in a straight line, but it keeps you sharp!

joolsburger
    Free Member

I figured it had to be mincing there's no other explaination.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

if you spray your frame and forks etc. with gt85/wd40 its makes cleaning your bike easy.

just dont get it on the disk brakes.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The ten year old comes out in me and I have to go through the muddy bits.

Fast. 😀

thatscold
    Free Member

Crudcatcher and a Neoguard on my bike I stay reasonably clean, or no mud guards, absolutely filthy!

poppa
    Free Member

If you're not muddy then you're doing it wrong.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How do people stay so clean??’ is closed to new replies.