Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How do people rate Tesco Mobile?
  • dub
    Free Member

I’ve been looking into upgrading/switching my contract and Tesco Mobile are by far the cheapest but there must be a catch.

I know they piggy off the O2 network but do people experience dropped calls and half-sent texts that other sales people try to tell me about?

Cheers

andymc06
    Free Member

Never had any of that. Found it to be a good service. Only drawbacks are no call forwarding and no 3G tethering IIRC. Big bonus is 12 month contracts so you can switch to a sim only with whoever you want after 12 months.

ART

I’m a bit of a mobile luddite … but am 12 months in on pay monthly (iphone 3GS) with Tesco and have never had any problems … in fact one month I got charged less cause of some ‘outage’ experienced by users … needless to say I never noticed it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robdixon
    Free Member

This week O2 (tesco’s network provider) announced they have reached 90% 3G coverage. Which still means they have the smallest network and in 2012 have managed to get to where Three got to 6 years ago. The leading networks (EE and Three) are hovering around 99% coverage and have networks that don’t fall over for days on end.

deft
    Free Member

I would rather pull out my own teeth than use Three again. Tesco 1 month contract has been fine, UK call centre staff too.

hora
    Free Member

Tesco mobile? Are you all drug dealers?

lazybike
    Free Member

I’ve got one of thier £6 a month sims in my old nokia….been good as gold.

Mikey65
    Free Member

No catches…good prices …..good coverage….no problems….have two contracts and extras thrown in….I like it.

midlifecrashes

Had it for years on PAYG for my spare and the kids, never ever had a problem. Mo issues using overseas though, but don’t do data/3G on those phones so can’t comment on that aspect.

project
    Free Member

had them for about 6 years and NEVER had to ring cusomer services about anything, dropped the 9 quid phone , now a 7 quid phone a few times and stil it works.

and club card points on topps.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Same as the others above. Got two £10/month sim only contracts and its been seamless.
    Good experience.

rbrstr
    Free Member

iphone 4 on tesco/02 network. faultless really,excellent coverage great price

bland

Wife has a blackberry for something like £12/month for 600 mins, upgraded from a Sim only and never a problem. All they do is send you a bill and take less cut/spend less on advertising, its not rocket science.

Adverts telling you to turn your phone off in the cinema actually cost you money remember!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Good so far. On pay as you go and have a package with triples my credit. Put 10 quid a month on, they give me 20 quid free credit to use that month. No catch.

Kuco

Been with them for 2 years and never had a problem with them.

mau00149
    Free Member

just coming to the end of my 18mth contract with O2 and looking at the £10/mth Tesco sim only deal (1mth contract) Assuming coverage etc should be the exact same as i have had for O2?

Andymc06, when you say no tethering, does that mean no using the phone as a mobile wifi hotspot? Been quite handy recently on the Galaxy S2.

andymc06
    Free Member

Yes mate.

mau00149
    Free Member

Is that only on 3G? i.e. would it work on 2g/gprs etc

totalshell

carphone ware house 6.50 a month talk mobile inc free samsung smart phone.. i bought three thats three new phones with 250 mins 5000 texts and tinternet for less than i was paying in tesco payg per month for 5 yr old phone

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Are they cheaper than GiffGaff?

saleem
    Free Member

I’ve just got the mrs a Tesco sim as it was a better deal on giff gaff, I’ve been with them two years with no problems, after adding her on to my contract(family package) they gave me an extra 150 minutes.

yabzego
    Free Member

tesco p.a.y.g triple credit deal, top up £15 a month and get £40 credit and 5000 texts free every month or rolling contract for £12.50 get 500min 5000texts and 1gb data per month.Ive used Tesco for three years now, once I added a £5 data bundle on a £30 capped rolling contract and ran up £140 in a single evening downloading tunes didnt realize why service was suspended and when contacted customer service to recieve shock bill they nicely waved the balance letting me pay just the £30 limit, as a one off due to my lack of savvy.
    Tesco mobile = great provider = great service

spicer
    Free Member

They usually do some special, really cheap deals around xmas time, could be worth waiting for.

real_ben10
    Free Member

If you don’t need a new phone give giffgaff a try, I’ve just switched to them and they offer good value for money. Talk mobile have some good deals if you do need a phone, they use the Vodafone network I think so coverage is good.

cossyrush
    Free Member

I know this is an old thread, but I’m on a money saving mission so I’m seriously thinking about swapping to the tesco mobile sim only deal, from O2 sim only, can save myself £10 per month.
    Can anyone confirm if tethering is possible with an iPhone 4S on TM?
    I know it’s officially ‘not allowed’, but I’m wondering if its actually possible to do.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How do people rate Tesco Mobile?’ is closed to new replies.