Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How do Microsoft manage to make Internet Explorer so rubbish?
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

I have some cookie issue on Chrome which stops me from logging into my online banking.

So I just use IE for banking.

Why is it so complete and utterly shit?

Surely as they own the OS they should be able to build a browser that works well? It’s slow and clunky and I don’t like any of it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

#Applefanbouy.

Thought I’d get that in first.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

And if you have Windows 10 S – they’re going to force you to use it 😀

whitestone
    Free Member

I thought they were switching to Edge? And there was a court case about IE/Edge being the only browser – has that been repealed/rescinded?

mrmo
    Free Member

and Edge is IMO even worse!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sounds like it comprehensively beats Chrome when it comes to online banking?

Frankly I don’t know how or why people dislike it, or indeed any other browser, it’s not the sexiest bit of software you’ll ever use – type in a web address or search, there you go. What’s not to like, well not being able to use online banking because of a cookie issue would be one thing I guess.

stumpy01

I’ve got Edge & Chrome on my laptop. Every now & again, I end up using Edge for whatever reason & it seems to work fine….

If you are just opening IE & logging into your internet banking, what is it that is so slow & clunky?
    Are you sure it’s not the internet banking site? I know HSBC’s banking site is utter toilet since they ‘improved’ it about 6 months ago.

What version of IE are you using? It’s not really current anymore is it? Perhaps the website has been optimised to run on more modern browsers like Edge?

mrblobby
    Free Member

#Applefanbouy.

Apple manage to do a pretty rubbish job of Safari too. I’ve a MBP and keep an eye on resources, Safari often chews up huge amounts of memory and CPU (and hence battery). I’ve switched to using Chrome which is much better behaved.

leffeboy

Surely as they own the OS they should be able to build a browser that works well?

They have, it is Edge. That is pretty much my go to browser now although I also run Chrome, IE, Firefox and Opera. I hate the modern responsive Web 2.0 shit where you can no longer be sure that your browser will open your site so you have to have alternatives. Banking seems to use IE as the standard though so it isn’t going away soon

DezB
    Free Member

They’re too busy chucking on addons to nick all the decent bits from other browsers.
    Banking is done by app on the phone.

submarined
    Free Member

I hate the modern responsive Web 2.0 shit where you can no longer be sure that your browser will open your site so you have to have alternatives

Errr, that’s the exact opposite of what responsive design is about…

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s wrong with IE?

They stopped developing it a few years ago anyway.

footflaps

Apple manage to do a pretty rubbish job of Safari too.

Crashes a lot on my MBP, endlessly restarting itself…

seadog101

No problem here, seems better and faster than any of the other browsers on win10.

gobuchul
    Free Member

OK. I have got rid of the the horrible Bing homepage at start up, which seemed to take ages to load up.

It’s better but still don’t like it. Chrome just “feels” better.

Coyote
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

When Windows has come with Internet Explorer for so long, other browsers need to convince you to try them over the default.

CountZero

Love that graphic Coyote posted! 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Remember that Edge is a complete rebuild and not just a re-branded IE.

I use it on the Surface because it works with predictive text input on the tablet keyboard, which Chrome doesn’t.

maxtorque

^^ assuming your tablet keyboard is working (due to touch screen or pen falling over), or it doesn’t pop up and cover where you are typing, which seems to be a constant problem on my surface / Win10 !

maxtorque

^^ assuming your tablet keyboard is working (due to touch screen or pen falling over), or it doesn’t pop up and cover where you are typing, which seems to be a constant problem on my surface / Win10 !

aracer
    Free Member

In the spirit of answering a different question, have you tried going into settings and deleting cookies? That almost always works for cookie related problems IME.

I’ve successfully avoided using IE at all for several years now – I have FF installed as well as Chrome for the extremely rare cases Chrome doesn’t work (would have uninstalled IE, but it’s needed for some other things – I’ve deleted all shortcuts though, so you’d have to go searching to find it).

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How do Microsoft manage to make Internet Explorer so rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.