Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How do I stop unwanted texts from Jamster?
  • bikemike1968
    Free Member

Mrs Bikemike got this text on her phone out of the blue tonight-

“Freemsg: Thank you for subscribing to online gamer club for £4.50 per week from Jamster until you text STOP to 64546”

This has got her worried as she has no idea how they got her details- she has no third party apps of any kind on her phone and has never downloaded any ringtones or anything similar.

Is it safe to just send “STOP” to the number on the message? Or will this cause further problems?
    Cheers,
    Mike

garage-dweller

Check jamster website for how to cancel and whether the number is legit. That would be my first step anyway.

garage-dweller

I would also report it to my phone provider ASAP in case she has already been billed.

prettygreenparrot

wouldn’t surprise me if texting STOP carried a charge.

bruneep
    river78
    Free Member

Yes she absolutely must send STOP otherwise she will remain subscribed and will continue to be charged. Texting STOP will cost 12p max

bruneep

Nice 1st post river78 and welcome to our place, do you have a vested interest in these types of scams?

Cougar

I don’t think it’s Jamster – Google would suggest their number is 88888.

Best bet is probably to report it to your service provider. I absolutely wouldn’t reply to it despite what our interesting first poster above might suggest; all that’s likely to do is confirm to them that the number is active so they can sell the details to all and sundry.

imnotverygood

If you Google 64546 you will see that there are loads of threads about this text number which seems to be used by a number of ‘different’ companies.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Report them to the Information Commissioner
    https://ico.org.uk
    They seem to be having some good success

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I never respond to any text I receive that says text STOP blah blah.

Surely you just block the number on your phone?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How do I stop unwanted texts from Jamster?’ is closed to new replies.