Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • How do I stop my phone trying to update to Lollipop?
  • boriselbrus
    Free Member

My phone (Samsung Xcover 3) has a permanent icon in the notifications bar saying I need to upgrade to Lollipop and every time I wake it, it flashes up on the whole screen with a big “INSTALL” button.

I don’t want lollipop. According to the information on the upgrade screen it will use at least another 950MB of my phones space and it’s only got 8gb to start off with. The download is 560MB which will take hours on my very slow broadband, and it needs 3gb to do the update which means deleting pretty much everything on the phone.

Plus I’ve heard of issues with battery life, GPS etc. My phone works perfectly at the moment and if it aint broke…

How do I get the phone to stop this? At some point the “INSTALL” button is going to get hit by mistake and I really don’t want that.

Thanks

cranberry
    Free Member

Just clear off enough space and take the Lollipop upgrade – it is an improvement on what you already have.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Definitely don’t do it if you’re on an older handset.

I’m on a nexus 4 and am quite happy with Android 4.4.4 (Kitkat). Previously I had another nexus 4 and the lollipop upgrade made the phone awful to use for the reasons you’ve given.

I can’t figure out how I stopped my notifications. Probably through “settings” and then “about phone”, then “system updates”. Hope that helps.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How do I stop my phone trying to update to Lollipop?’ is closed to new replies.