• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How do I remove this drill chuck?? (old corded drill content)
  • DrP

Google has been no help, and there’s no clear available online manual…
    It’s an old old corded drill which works fine, but the chuck is worn and now slipping most of the time.
    In the picture you can see ‘between’ the chuck and the body is a 19mm ‘flat’ for a spanner.
    But…I’ve no real idea how to get the chuck off…

Help!

Ta muchly!

DrP

whyme
    Free Member

There should be an Allen bolt inside the chuck that holds it on. The flats are to grip while the alley bolt (or screw) are undone.

scotroutes

On some drills you just had to “shock” it off by hitting the spanner with a mallet.

wombat

Wot whyme said…

Open the jaws of the chuck fully, put an appropriately sized hex key into the socket and unscrew whilst using a spanner on the flats to prevent the motor spindle from turning HTH

PePPeR

The screw is normally a left hand thread too 😀

DrP

Great, thanks!
    That’s a job sorted for later in the week..

DrP

integerspin
    Free Member

See where it says 1/2-20 on the chuck, well it’s got a 1/2unf thread onto the spindle, it may have a screw inside the chuck as a security thing, take a look. then stick something in the chuck and a spanner on the flats and unscrew the chuck, they are RH thread[they tighten as you drill].

senorj

I had one of those drills, then my mate wrote “Just Like Dad’s”” on it, in black marker.
    Then I bought a proper one. 😀

DrP

Ha! This was my dad’s!
    It’s the best drill for bricks and concrete!!

DrP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How do I remove this drill chuck?? (old corded drill content)’ is closed to new replies.