Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How do I record audio on my mac book?
  • zippykona

I’ve looked at the tutorials on how to use the headphone socket on a 13 inch mac book.
    I don’t get the option to use the headphone socket. Where the **** has it gone?

juanghia
    Free Member

This will probably be Apple telling you that you don’t need it anymore.

Lovely chaps aren’t they

Also explains why I have a sprawling octopus of cables, adapters and USB ports and peripherals hanging out of the back of my Mac Pro.

I wish I’d bought one of the last generations of MacBook Pros that were useful them what use them for work*.

*That don’t have stupid beards, tight jeans, use the word artisan for a food product

zippykona

You have confirmed my prejudices. Apple are a bunch of ****.

drlex
    Free Member

Isn’t it that you have to use a plug with four contacts-mic, ground, left, right and then you’ll get the microphone option?
    If you have iPhone headphones with the mic., plug it in and wait a moment for the MacBook to “recognise” the microphone.

Echoing juanghia’s point on adaptors, you may need a 3.5mm 4 Position to 2x 3 Position 3.5mm Headset Splitter to plug in a separate microphone.

slowoldman

The headphone socket doubles as mic or line in. I’m pretty sure you only see the input device when it’s plugged in.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye what slowold man says, plug in a mic, then have a look and see if the options have changed.

what you trying to record?

zippykona

Have found the 4 pin connector mentioned elsewhere and have ordered one.
    Dug out our old toshiba laptop and that has an audio in socket. Praise the lord! Audio recorded onto Audacity then downloaded onto a memory stick then transferred to mac.
    Apple are still **** though!

juanghia
    Free Member

Apple are still **** though!

I will be fair to Macintosh… I’ve had them since the Beige days as we had one of the originals back in the 1980’s then came Uni and worked on the super computer G4, then Quicksilver then G5 and had various i and eMacs….but when they started making iPods and Telephones it all went downhill.

Floppy & Zipp were fair enough but losing optical discs? and then gradually destroying USB, Firewire and ethernet?

I guess Apple don’t understand that we don’t all live in some weird world where we work in a Cafe bar with our multicoloured friends all drinking lattes living in the clouds

retro83
    Free Member

drinking lattes living in the clouds

Oi! Flat whites matter

molgrips
    Free Member

I guess Apple don’t understand that we don’t all live in some weird world where we work in a Cafe bar with our multicoloured friends all drinking lattes living in the clouds

They do, but they don’t care?. They found out where the money is!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How do I record audio on my mac book?’ is closed to new replies.