Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How do I re-post a for sale advert?
  • chris36860
    Free Member

As title, posted some bits for sale yesterday. Some bits sold and others didn’t so I want to re-post today. I’ve tried cut and paste but it doesn’t copy the images. Any ideas??

Luckily, my riding skilled are better than my computer ones!!

Thanks

wwaswas

I always take a copy before I post the first time and then edit in notepad or something. But it’s too late for that.

If you right click and ‘view source’ in a browser you can see all of the text with img links and copy and paste that and then edit.

or do what a lot of people do and just link to previous ad with a list of what;s already gone.

chris36860
    Free Member

Thanks wwaswas

Will give it a try

Cougar

Also, if it’s yesterday’s advert, note that you’re not allowed to repost it for 24 hours.

Classified Rules

bruneep

Don’t lazy link to previous advert.

chris36860
    Free Member

Thanks Cougar, Its about 22 hours so by the time I work out how to do it the rules will stay intact.

I hate lazy links. I never open them.

Cougar

Good good.

TBH, I’m not sure why people repost adverts rather than just adding a post to the existing one to update it.

STATO
    Free Member

TBH, I’m not sure why people repost adverts rather than just adding a post to the existing one to update it.

Id rather read a new post stating whats available than read through a bunch of posts trying to work out what is/isnt left for sale. In that respect Retrobike etc. are better as you can edit the original post to strike-out sold items as they sell.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Plus the ad would be off the front page and realistically who looks past the front page?

chris36860
    Free Member

Well, just about to throw the laptop out of the patio doors!! I’m just going to start from scratch!! At least there is no chance of re-posting within 24 hours!!

Cougar

Id rather read a new post stating whats available than read through a bunch of posts trying to work out what is/isnt left for sale. In that respect Retrobike etc. are better as you can edit the original post to strike-out sold items as they sell.

Fair enough. I’ve not really used the classifieds.

Plus the ad would be off the front page and realistically who looks past the front page?

Normally when you post to a file it gets bumped to the top of the list. Do the classifieds not do that?

RustyMac

Normally when you post to a file it gets bumped to the top of the list. Do the classifieds not do that?

In short nope.

They have not done that in all the time i have been on here, but believe they did do at one point.

z1ppy

..& ppl spent all day bumping there post to the top :mrgreen:
    Hence now no bumping & no reposting within 24hrs

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How do I re-post a for sale advert?’ is closed to new replies.