Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How do I phone bloody BT
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

After bouncing around the BT site for a while now I cant find a phone number.

I just want to speak to a person!

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh the irony….

coffeeking
    Free Member

Depends what you want to speak about, there's not one giant number to call for everything.

Broadband technical questions:
    From a landline dial:
    0800 111 4567

From a mobile dial:
    0330 123 4567*

Opening hours
    24 hours a day, 365 days a year

pistonbroke
    Free Member

0800 443311 and follow the prompt, simples.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don't quite understand what's so hard about their site:

contact us >> select phone/bb/etc >> select email/call etc and get number?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I should be moving house in a couple of weeks and I want to find out if getting a phone working is just a case of plugging one in and getting my SP to flick a switch or if it will cost me anything.

coffeeking
    Free Member

IF the place has a working BT line installed, it'll not cost anything. If they need to send someone out it'll be ~150 quid unless you're taking out BT services at the same time.

I_Ache
    Free Member

ck Im not getting an option to contact by phone or even email it keeps asking me to do it online.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

BT customer service, direct line to Asad on 01254 694351

rootes1

0181 811 8181…

but that just gets p schofield, s green and a gopher…

marsdenman
    Free Member

I-Ache – if your new plaace already has the hardare – i.e. cables and box on the wall I'd start with calling your current SP.
    I believe (given my own recent hassles with BT and A.N.Other supplier) that your SP will be the one to action the move either directly or through BT on your behalf.

Do be careful if you do ring BT direct – they are very cute at making a move qualify as a new contract, as I just found out to my cost…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Everybody is saying that despite me already having a BT line it hasnt been active for 'some time' so BT want £130 Virgin £75 and Sky £100 but they say they have an offer that finishes today so I can have it free if I take TV phone and BB. We wont be moving for another 2.5 weeks so is it really worth doing now and if I left it would they give me the offer?

Im wondering if I should just go with Sky now as that will give them a couple of weeks to get my line connected and I can have an engineer round just after we move to make it as smooth as possible.

_tom_
    Free Member

BT customer service is **** useless and slow.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

email the ceo,
    ian.livingston@bt.com
    his (pr) team will get back to you.
    Please yell at them on my behalf 🙂

MarkN
    Free Member

118 118? 😆

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I was in the same situation when i moved in. Got seriously fed up with BT and went with Virgin, (cable TV, Phone, mobile phone and Tinernet)

Really pleased, find they are easy to get hold of and pretty good deal with uber fast broadband.

Mikkel
    Free Member

BT have a tendency of telling you that there is no line.
    Even if you have dial tone and BT line tests available.

project
    Free Member

This is a good responce and may work.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How do I phone bloody BT’ is closed to new replies.