Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • How do I legally remove an ex GF from my house….before it gets messy!!
  • cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Please help me out guys. After a nitemare couple of years its finally over and I want her gone quick. Its my house in my name and I pay pretty much the lot. Its time she left and took all of her shit with her.Its affecting my biking now and thats not good! I know I cant just kick her out and change the locks so does anyone know the legal way to do it. There must be a legal eagle on here..Comedy suggestions also welcome!

djbagines
    Free Member

Break up sex, before you do anything.

RealMan
    Free Member

Have you actually asked her to leave?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Exorcism?

Your house and your name I assume you can simply call the cops.

Nicer to just give a date she has to be out by

legend
    Free Member

Screwing the sister/best friend might help ease things along…

tomhoward

Stop showering?

Gweilo
    Free Member

The only legal way to force her out is an eviction order. Better off bringing a new woman home, or a man and claim your gay!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Move your new GF in, that should giver a hint. 😀

z1ppy

I know I cant just kick her out and change the locks

Why not if it’s your house? Not trolling, am interested, and assumed as a non married partners you could do just that.

thehustler
    Free Member

Hate to say it but lived there 2 years she’s entitled to 50% and there’s not much you can do about it…….:(

eddie11
    Free Member

Boring sensible suggestion if you’re worried – ring housing dept at local council, explain the ( relevant) details and get advice on housing options. That way you won’t get caught out.

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Asked her yeah and shes all smug about it saying I can’t get rid of her. Shes stalling until she finds somewhere else to go but I want her gone yesterday!!

unklehomered
    Free Member

I know I cant just kick her out and change the locks

Well if its your house… why can’t you?

Obviously it would be kinder to ask first, give her a date. But doesn’t sound like she has any rights.

Other ideas.

– Start pooing in her bed.

– Set up a camera in the bathroom with a sticker for http://www.skankonthebog.com

– burst into her room at 3 in the morning dressed as a priest, splashing her with water shouting “The power of Christ compells you, the power of Christ comPELLS you!”

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

The 2 year thing doesn’t count for much as a lot of people believe unless they have made a significant contribution to improving the property and even then its not 50%

hora
    Free Member

Bring a girl back from a club and say ‘oops’. She will have her dignity.

mboy
    Free Member

Hate to say it but lived there 2 years she’s entitled to 50% and there’s not much you can do about it…….:(

Doesnt quite just work like that. If the OP has made her pay anything towards rent or bills in acknowledgement of her staying in the house, he is pretty safe. She’d have a loooooong way to go to prove, as his ex GF, that she’s entitled to any of it, let alone half.

Just slap an eviction date on her. Probably unreasonable to put it at any shorter than a month, but you shouldn’t have to wait any longer either. No need to get nasty about it or do anything stupid either, just let her know as a tennant in your house, she is (and always has been) subject to being evicted by the landlord at any point with a months notice…

franksinatra

Sounds like a crappy situation though, you have my sympathy.

Can’t help but think attitudes towards this would be different if a bloke refused to leave his ex-girlfiends house?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Are you the chap that’s just taken up naturism?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Get her to lose her rag at you and hit you/throw something at you

then phone the police

job jobbed!

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Some great ideas guys… If I give her a date then and she is still here can I then legally start to remove her stuff from the house? What do you reckon.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think she can stay or get 50% she would need to go to court for the later as presently she has no contract to stay there and she is not naed on th eland registry or mortgage

give her 48 hrs to get out of dodge then change the locks and send her a letter asking her how /when she wishes to collect her stuff.

She may sue you but it is unlikely.

IIRC she needs to have made some investment such as paid for a new kitchen , conservatory type thing to have any claim as anything else would be “rent”
    I bet she has not seen a lawyer so be prepared for her smug look to disappear.

if she is a mentalist or likely to act as one move a friend in as a witness in case she alleges assault or something similar
    EDIT:

can I then legally start to remove her stuff from the house? What do you reckon.

better to remove her and leave the stuff in the house untouched so as not to damage it or get sued for damaging it

It is her you want out….when she is gone she will want her stuff.

druidh
    Free Member

How so?

unklehomered
    Free Member

If I give her a date then and she is still here can I then legally start to remove her stuff from the house? What do you reckon

give her 2 months, your A) being nice B) just in time for bonfire night 😀

franksinatra

Googled

My understanding of the circumstances are that if the home owner has not granted the Ex exclusive possession of the property, the Ex will occupy the property under licence rather than a tenancy and therefore the Ex does not have the same legal entitlement as a Tenant.

Therefore, you have a NON Housing Act tenancy which requires a Notice to Quit i.e. in writing, giving 4 weeks notice and contain specific wording by law.

If owner changes the locks, they will be committing a criminal offence.

might be worth calling into your local C.A.B.

project
    Free Member

A few years ago a customer had the same problem, he went to work, and came home and found the front door axed in, a lot of stuff missing, as he rang the police a neighbour called round to say his girlfreinds dad had been round and taken what he thought belonged to his daughter.
    Police called round after the neighbours reported door, being axed in, because the girl actually lived there and had proof, they left when she said she had lost the keys, actually the locks had been changed.

Be careful and change the locks when she is gone, and just hope she stays away.

RealMan
    Free Member

Wee in her shoes?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Assuming you’ve asked her to leave [yes|no?], has she explained why she hasn’t left yet?

[or this this just too reasonable to mention?]

soobalias
    Free Member

bloody men, cant do the simplest of things.

what would a woman do?

while the locksmith is changing the locks…
    take scissors to all her clothes, put everything in black bin bags and dump them in the street…
    begin proceedings with small claims for unpaid rent…
    bad mouth her to anyone who will listen, all of this should be ridiculous lies.

or the subtle approach, take one scotch bonnet chilli, chop in half, rub the gusset of all her knickers with the chilli. bosh.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

One of these in the garden – tell her you can’t be arsed with the bother

project
    Free Member

Never ever have sex one last time with her, just in case she deliberately gets pregnant, that happens as well.

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

thegreatape- it has been known
    druidh – im getting wound up,not concentrating and therefore riding like a knob!

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Buzz- asked her and she is just playing for time really until she finds somewhere

legend
    Free Member

are you borrowing her underwear yet? If not, why not??

yunki
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

OK she’s just hanging around and walking all over you, taking advantage of your kind nature. So just give her notice to leave in a time-frame that suits you and is not unreasonable for her (she can find somewhere for a 6 month tenancy within a month). Then it would be an eviction order and you should lock her out. That’s it. Good luck.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Trebuchet?

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

Man this is cheering me up. Cheers all

CaptJon
    Free Member

Meanwhile, on Mumsnet…

mboy
    Free Member

If shes just playing for time, she’s essentially just playing you!

Has she not heard of rightmove.co.uk? There’s plenty of house share websites with rooms for rent available almost immediately too…

She knows you’re a soft touch and is taking you for a mug. When you see her tonight, tell her she’s got a month from today’s date, otherwise that’s it, you’ll move her stuff out and change the locks… Simple really!

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Page 2 and nobodies asked for photos?

this place really has gone to the dogs

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘How do I legally remove an ex GF from my house….before it gets messy!!’ is closed to new replies.