Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • how do i justify this to myself?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I really want a nice set of sunnies but how do i justify spending £200 on a pair of Oakley Jagwires? Especially over some equally as good Spesh Divides at <£70?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Only if you want them. No possible functional advantage over bolle safety glasses and probably less functional.

No justification possible apart from " I have the money to waste and I want a set"

HTH

singlespeedstu

No justification possible apart from " I have the money to waste and I want a set"

But if he wants them it's not a waste is it.

househusband

Folk on here do mention the supposedly fantastic customer service from Oakley…

AlasdairMc

There's a snowboarding shop in Edinburgh (http://www.freezeproshop.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue-_BRANDS_-OAKLEY.html) that was doing 25% off Oakleys.

Does that help justify it to you?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Tell the wife that you want them she will make you see sense mine always does.

swoosh
    Free Member

AlasdairMc – Member
    There's a snowboarding shop in Edinburgh (http://www.freezeproshop.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue-_BRANDS_-OAKLEY.html) that was doing 25% off Oakleys.

Does that help justify it to you?

maybe. the polorised ones are £165 so slightly better but still £100 more than the Spesh ones which will do the job just as well.

hmmm, think i'm talking myself out of them now.

BigJohn

Get yourself down to TK Maxx

fisha
    Free Member

To me Oakleys are worth it.

No possible functional advantage over bolle safety glasses

Sorry, but your wrong, but there is a notable difference in the lens quality between a cheapo pair and something like Oakleys/ Rudy Project / Spesh.

OK, functionally I could see through any set of glasses, but there is a difference in clarity. And thats me speaking from wearing my own Oakleys on the commute to work, and then wearing a set of work-provided cheapo's like Bolles to be cycling whilst at work. You really notice the difference.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No possible functional advantage over bolle safety glasses and probably less functional.

Well, apart from the advantage that they won't amke you look like a spoddy lab technician.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I'm playing the same game at the mo.

I have a perfectly functional, 4 year old, set of Spesh Helixes. I WANT a pair of Oakley Jawbones, which are the furst pair of Oakleys I've found that actually fit me when I'm wearing a lid.

I'm just having real difficulty in justifying that much cash on a pair of glasses that are going to get covered in sh!te. Hell my prescription glasses (also Oakley) weren't much more!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Fisha – well the bolles I use are optically as perfect as a lens can be – after all they are CE marked. No distortion at all.

CFH – thats hardly functional and arguably they are no more spazzy than oaklys anyway – which scream ****t with more money than sense to me every time I see someone wearing them ;-0

swoosh
    Free Member

BigJohn – Member
    Get yourself down to TK Maxx

why's that? do they sell Oakley's? or are you just suggesting that I buy something that they have in stock at the reduced price? And i'm not sure they will have the Jawbones as they are new and TakiMaxx only seem to sell old stock they have bought cheap.

clubber
    Free Member

which scream ****t with more money than sense to me every time I see someone wearing them ;-0

That's how most people feel every time they see you post on here 😉

BigJohn

No, but they sell sunglasses for about a fiver.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘how do i justify this to myself?’ is closed to new replies.