Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How do I ignore someone on Facebook ?
  • I’ve got a couple of “Friends” on Facebook who I don’t really know all that well in real life.
    They are very prolific posters on there, so that every time I log on, I find some trivial detail of their personal life is the first thing I see, which makes it harder to find posts from people I know better that I might be interested in.
    I don’t want to offend them by deleting them as friends, so is there some way of hiding their posts ? I’ve searched around and can’t find an Ignore option anywhere.

Oh, and in case you’re wondering, it’s no one who is likely to be reading this. 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

I’d tell you but I’m busy ignoring you 😉

That and I’ve no idea

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m sorry Graham, I’ll keep it quiet from now on…

Seriously, just de-friend them, they won’t be notified. I’ve recently done this to my ex and my young niece.

metalheart
    Free Member

On a post on your wall click on the x in the top right hand of their post.

You will be given the option to ‘hide all by XXXXX’.
    Click this and no more of their posts will show.
    You can still see them and them you and is reversible (but I forget how…)

Thanks for that metalheart.
    The x in the top right corner doesn’t appear until you hover the cursor over the post. That’s probably why I missed it.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Facebook etiquette haha just delete them.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just do what I do. Don’t have a Facebook account. It’s all a load of shite.

rOcKeTdOg

i usually announce i’m culling all the uninteresting people, tell them to email if they want to appeal and then just delete all the ones that are boring

allthepies
    Free Member

Or on your “news” page, scroll down to the bottom and on the right is an “edit” button or “options” – something like that. Click on that and I think you can specify some blocking options there.

I had to do that to a mate who just keeps posting crud 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

I put my hands over my eyes and squint between the finger gaps at the posts I want to read.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s all a load of shite.

Oh yeah, sometimes we forget that when we’re getting updates on our sister-in-law’s battle with cancer.

(bit harsh?)

epicyclo

Get Better Facebook – it allows a lot more control.

miketually
    Free Member

If Facebook is a load of shite, you’re friends with the wrong people. Unlike here, you get to choose exactly who you can see. I suspect it’s a reflection upon yourself.

loddrik
    Free Member

What a pile of nonsense. If I want to know what my friends are up to I’ll speak to them. People posting crap about what they are doing, Who cares…

I suspect it’s probably because it’s just another form of voyeurism..

I’m not interested in snooping.

carlosg
    Free Member

If you like facebook then that’s your choice. I’m not on it but have a few friends from school who keep badgering me to register , I just tell them I’ve no interest in cyber chatting with people I thought were twonks (for want of a better word) 25 years ago at school.

I have enough real mates already

RealMan
    Free Member

I put my hands over my eyes and squint between the finger gaps at the posts I want to read.

😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What a pile of nonsense. If I want to know what my friends are up to I’ll speak to them

it’s not instead of friends, it’s as well as 🙂 It’s entertaining to see little snippets about people’s day to day lives, pictures of stuff they’ve done or seen, and in my case, how I’m getting on with my bedbugs 🙂 If you’re not interested in any of that stuff, fine.

aracer
    Free Member

LOL at people coming on an internet forum full of people they don’t know at all to slag off the idea of reading stuff on the internet about people they presumably do actually know in RL.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How do I ignore someone on Facebook ?’ is closed to new replies.