Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How do i get the STW forum to email me when a reply has been posted?
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

I know this has been asked befor but i cant find it.

I have looked on help and there is nothing in there.

Please help…

Cheers,

dawson

use the Rss feed thingy

GrahamS

See the "RSS Feed for this topic" bit? You use that to subscribe to the topic and get updates in your RSS reader.

Or you can add the thread to your favourites with the link at the top and then subcribe to a single RSS feed fir all your favourites.

Simples

tomdebruin
    Free Member

and if you don't know what RSS feeds are then you haven't lived.

All about STW RSS feeds

Nezbo
    Free Member

sorry still dont get it 😥

will it not just email me to my email address?

I use webmail 😥 😥 😥

coffeeking
    Free Member

No, it won't anymore.

I dont get RSS feeds, they just seem to be a more complex way of viewing a web page and make replying harder? Maybe its just the software I've used, but its only ever seemed a royal pain in the arse for me.

GrahamS

coffeeking: have you tried Google Reader?

I currently subscribe to 53 different RSS feeds.
    That means that instead of trawling through 53 different websites every day to see if what's new, I just go to my Reader and I can see it all in one place and read the stories that interest me.

Definitely NOT a pain in the arse for me.

Nezbo
    Free Member

The problem i find it that the feeds dont flow.

ie. i get the topic, then all the posts are missing, also i can not find out how to follow a single post.

It just seems hard work to follow feeds, but it still dont get an email when someone has replied for a post i have added to…

GrahamS

So I click that "RSS feed for this topic" link at the bottom of the page.
    That takes me to another page which asks how I'd like to subscribe to the feed and since I use Google Reader then I click that option.

So now here's me reading the topic in Google Reader:

Done.

When I post this reply I'll see it appear in Google Reader along with the rest. When you reply I'll see that too and I'll be able to read it without anything cluttering up my email or having to come back to the forum.

See?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How do i get the STW forum to email me when a reply has been posted?’ is closed to new replies.