• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How do I get rid of the smell of dog wee?
  • Karinofnine

Is it bicarbonate of soda that you add to the wash to get rid of the lingering smell? Or something else?

z1ppy

yep, bicarb is good for this type of thing, and lots of other cleaning jobs!
    Though it usually recommended to dry out the pee using bicarb, but I doubt it’d harm anything by adding it into the wash.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You wee on it yourself as they cancel each other out
    You think men will know or give sensible answers 😯

thegreatape
    Free Member

You pour the opposite thing on it, so get some cat shit on it ASAP.

fisha
    Free Member

what is the smell on?

clothes, carpet, furniture , you? ???

Karinofnine

Why wouldn’t men know? Is it because cleaning is women’s work?

Also – shhh – didn’t you know that there are women on here too?
    🙂

@ fisha – it’s on her bed coverings, which are quilt covers (her bed itself is covered in waterproof plastic – she has mild incontinence which is mostly controlled by Propalin but we have the occasional little leak)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Getting rid of the dog would be a start

z1ppy

we have a very annoyingly pet cat causing us issues, a 60degree wash with std detergents sorts out the bed covering without issue IME. For the duvet, take it to your local laundry for a dry cleaned (come back lovely and fluffy and odur free) – also done this with the dog bed as she took to peeing on that too!
    If only getting rid of the cat was an option… it’s not. We’ve even had to replace out sofa (admittely very old) as she pee’d on it 3 or more times. Now the bedroom and front room get locked unless were in there.

Macavity
    Free Member

Pet shops etc sell bottles of spray-on smell / stain removers that are specifically for urine.
    http://www.urineoff.com/
    Plus places that hire carpet cleaning machines sell odour remover sprays that have emzynes in them that work.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes, appanrently that stuff was released under a different name previously, it didn’t sell so well.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Wash your hands?

What about Vanish or baby nappy wash with oxidation?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Get the dog to shit in the same area, you will nto smell the wee.

supertramp
    Free Member

could the odour be coming from the surrounding floor, walls, etc? it might be worth cleaning beyond the dog’s bedding. though i could be wrong I am a mann after all lol

GTDave
    Free Member

White vinegar in the wash will remove the smell. Also, dilute vinegar in a spray will lift the smell from carpet. Clean with something else afterwards though otherwise your house will end up smelling like a chippy.

wwaswas

your house will end up smelling like a chippy.

you say this like it’s a bad thing!

DezB
    Free Member

Where you been Karin? Disappointed not to see you at Swinley on Sat.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How do I get rid of the smell of dog wee?’ is closed to new replies.