Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How do I get my tyres straight on the rim?
  • thered

There’s a big wobble like the wheel’s buckled.

Matt_SS_xc

try letting some air out and pulling the tyre to seat it.

Or pump up to 60/70 psi and it should pop on the rim, then let the tyre down to desired pressure. Its May now so 34.5 psi should be good.

jekkyl

using tubes? – check none of it is kinked.
    let them down and pump them up again, do it slower and at various intervals try and tease the bead to where it should be if it isn’t. or/and pump them up to like 60psi and they should pop to where they need to be.

thered

Tubeless dudes

jekkyl

coatesy
    Free Member

Soapy water on the beads, check if using rim-strip that it’s not trapped under the bead.

thered

Used soapy water to fit em and don’t use rim strip

dibboid
    Free Member

Did it pop onto bead?

scaredypants

how high did you pump it up ? (NB stans rims have a maxo of 45 or so I think)

you might have to put a tube in overnight to “stretch” the bead into proper shape

Klunk
    Free Member

I’ve got some mudx that have gone permanently out of shape, you only notice when on smooth surfaces.

stuey
    Free Member

-Silicon spray on the bead – <new favourite technique> 😀

honourablegeorge

Check the side for a “Continental” logo – it could be that you’ve got one of their dodgy tyres and the sidewalls have deformed.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve put my stans upto 60 and they didn’t explode, drop it down to 25-30 before riding though.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I got mine up to just over 60PSI (“just a little more for good measure….”)to get them to seat and then “BANG!!!!”. I think the other tyre exploded off the rim even lower than 60psi, so be careful!

Not a good experience. My ears didn’t stop ringing for quite a while. And good job it was outside, cos the sealant went everywhere. Once they’ve pinged onto the rim, then don’t keep going.

The tyres that did pop off the rim, seemed to be ‘wobbly’ from then on.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Carcass is deformed. Take it back to the shop.

scaredypants

There’s a big wobble like the wheel’s buckled.

actually, recent posts have a good point. You need to work out if the bead has seated properly or not (look just above the top of the rim & there’s prob a moulding line that you can follow – is it the same level all round ?)

If there’s a really big wobble then tyre may be mis-shaped – I’ve had a nobby nic do this from new

(we’re also assuming that you haven’t blown it off a rim already as this tends to bugger the carcass as well)

angeldust
    Free Member

I had some NN’s that were incorrectly manufactured and could not be fitted to sit straight in the rims. Chainreaction refunded me.

thered

They are nobby nic’s as it happens on 819’s but it hunk I’ve sorted it by letting air out and pulling then tyre across.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How do I get my tyres straight on the rim?’ is closed to new replies.