Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How do I get a fly out of my eye?
  • beefheart
    Free Member

On my commute this morning, I tried to blink away a fly at the side of my head.
    Unfortunately my eye swallowed it, and it’s gone inside. 😯
    It’s gone pretty red now and is driving my crazy…

Apart from blinking, what else can I do?

yunki
    Free Member

send a spider in after it..

sobriety
    Free Member

Rinse your eye out with loads of saline solution, blink lots and try to push the fly towards the bit of your eye near your nose, as this is where it’ll come out.

beefheart
    Free Member

send a spider in after it..

It’s a slippery slope from there. 🙂

theotherjonv

It can’t go ‘inside’. It’s sealed round the back. Look (with your eyes, not your head) as far in the other direction to where the fly is and hopefully it’ll be visible. You won’t be able to see it though as you’ll by now be looking in the other direction. You need someone trustworthy who can then lift it out. in the olden days, the best qualified person would be your mum, ideally with an old tissue she’d found in her handbag twisted into a point. Nowadays, you’ll need a qualified eye surgeon obviously.

(If your mum happens to be a qualified eye surgeon, you’re well in clearly)

Your might try flushing it under running water as well – maybe even before phoning your mum.

Pyro

If it’s still alive, a piece of rotting meat just below the nose should tempt it out.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

A teaspoon generally does the trick*

*Not really

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lift upper eye lid, pull away for eye and shake a few times. Works for me.

Now, what about swallowing the blighters?

beefheart
    Free Member

Thanks all- it’s out!

It’s almost worth stuffing a fly into your eye just for the immense feeling of relief when it comes out.
    The wings are still in there, but meh.

BruceWee

Billy Connelly said the best thing to use was your tongue (someone elses, not your own).

samuri
    Free Member

I once lost a contact lens in my eye. I assumed it had fallen out but then one day it manourvered it’s way back to the front. Which was a shock I can tell you.

“Arrgh, arrgh, I can see!”

rocketman
    Free Member

Now, what about swallowing the blighters

Would also like to know if there’s an emergency trailside cure for this.

Not so much swallowing them which isn’t too bad imo but the ones that fly straight in and kindof stick to your tonsils or lodge in your trachea and no amount of coughing or drinking will shift them

*urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh cough choke*

maccruiskeen

Not so much swallowing them which isn’t too bad imo but the ones that fly straight in and kindof stick to your tonsils or lodge in your trachea and no amount of coughing or drinking will shift them
    *urrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh cough choke*

Bad enough with a fly, but I can vouch for it being worse with a piece of parcel tape (it’s a long story)

bikebouy
    Free Member

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

one of these…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How do I get a fly out of my eye?’ is closed to new replies.