• This topic has 25 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by U31.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How do i find the value of a personalised number plate?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Anyone sold a plate? not sure if its worth anything really as its not that special, but I am selling the car soon, and want to know if its worth keeping

I also have no idea how to transfer it either!

Yours cluelessly

Xc

Everywhen
    Free Member

Surely its worth keeping if its personal to you iresprective of its value.
    Contact one the reg plate dealers, they will value it for you and deal with transfer if you wish.

hora
    Free Member

Whats the reg?

Go online and email say 10+ of the private reg sellers and ask them how much they would offer for your plate.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    xcgb
    Free Member

Surely its worth keeping if its personal to you iresprective of its value.

its not personal to me at all, its inherited from my father in law and its on the wife's car, i cant see the point of personal plates personally

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

What is the reg?

xcgb
    Free Member

BBB123

only joking

RIB 6115

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

N666 WCA = £250
    N99 BBB = £250

RIB 6115 about £250?

xcgb
    Free Member

Hmm may swop it before i sell the car then, how do i do that then! DVLA I presume?

hora
    Free Member

I bought a car with N12 CHL on. **** if I was taking that with me when I sold it 😆

dooosuk
    Free Member

Just fill in a form and take it to a DVLA office. They'll then allocate the old registration back to the car.

Costs will be £100ish to put on retention for 1 year
    £20+ for a new set of plates with the new reg number

If you're keeping it to try and make money…I wouldn't bother.

Could always stick it on Ebay to see if there's any takers before you sell the car.

alfabus
    Free Member

I got a dateless personalised plate with my car when I bought it.

I put it into http://www.newreg.co.uk and they valued it at £2k, so I registered it for sale with them.

That is pretty much the end of the story, it has been on their website for a year now, and no-one has bought it, which doesn't surprise me at all 🙂

Dave

Digimap
    Free Member

N12CHL – Am I being dense?

xcgb
    Free Member

Yeah i thought that might be the case
    maybe best to use it as a selling point maybe

xcgb
    Free Member

N12CHL – Am I being dense?

me too ! and I have met Hora!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I used to work witha bloke that had A115 TAR (ALL STAR) on his Sierra. He was just isssued with it, and he tried to sell it, but nobody was interested, which I thought was quite surprising really….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have one with ELV 1S on – do you think that will be worth much?

hora
    Free Member

N12CHL – previous owner's surname was Nichols.

At the time it was worth £250. Why is it worth mucho more now?

xcgb
    Free Member

N12CHL Thats pretty tenuous!

thats why i dont get the point of them, i did see paul daniels driving a gold rolls with a Mag1c plate i guess that cost a bit!

hora
    Free Member

It came on the car in a private sale. Seller threw it in as part of the deal. I agreed as I thought could have added value but to be honest it was embarrassing… a MX5 with a private plate 😆

wwaswas

I changed my name to "FGT 665W" it was cheaper than a new numberplate.

Dickyboy

older six digit plates are great for motorbikes, as you can legally have a smaller plate then 😉 mine cost 99p on ebay

M6TTF
    Free Member

a plates value is is irrelevant really, unless someone wants it and is prepared to part with a wad of cash ya knackered! bought mine for £250. There is one very similar (one digit difference) on newreg and they're asking 7.5k fr it – funnily enough it's been for sale for a long time …

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I sold RRJ 749 for £1000 20 years ago – its suprising what has value and what does not. Ask the various traders

Drac

You need to sort out in good time as you can't have the plate.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/PersonalisedRegAndNumberPlates/DG_4022575

U31
    Free Member

The price is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, in the merest chance that the letters / numbers are arranged so as to be meaningful to a potential purchaser.

every car i have owned with personalised plates (and that's been alot as rusty nissan prarie will probably testify 😉 ), ive let go with the car at no extra cost.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How do i find the value of a personalised number plate?’ is closed to new replies.