Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • how do i find delameres no brains from cw82jd
  • cookci
    Free Member

My wifes doing a run today at delamere. Im hoping an hour might give me time to quickly check out “no brains” but i have no idea where it is?!

tops5
    Free Member

There’s not much to it but if you can find the skillz area its at the top of the adjacent hill. Someone will point you to it

tthew

Click Here. the skills area is north of the Delamere Outdoor Education centre, theres a path on the opposite side of the road that takes you through the stream you can see on the map. Brings you out by a bench on a fireroad. Turn left to get to the bottom of it.

No Brains and the Road Gap area is east of there. The map shows a kind of D in the marked fire roads, with two stream ends pointing at each other, that’s sort of it. As tops 5 says, someone will point you in the right direction.

cookci
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

I asked for directions in that cycle shop and they laughed at me not being able to find it!

I wont be shopping there!

Anyway found it and the skills area and it was a bit disappointing.

A guy there i was speaking too said there was a downhill track on the other side of the forest worth doing?

tthew

The downhill track is one way down from the big mast you can see from the bike shop. It’s fun, but bloody slippy in anything other than dry conditions as it is made of clay. Delamere is more about the hidden single track than the marked routes or skills area. Best if you can hook up with someone who knows their way around.

That’s a bit dispointing from Tracs. I don’t use them myself, but not heard any bad stuff about them before. I’ve lived around here for most of my life, and managed to get myself monumentally lost one night, easy to get disoriented, they should have been more helpful.

cookci
    Free Member

To be fair they did tell me where it was after they stopped laughing at me.

It seemed like a maze to me and i did get myself lost. Ill wait for the summer and see if i can find a guide

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The Guides aren’t really up to much fella, it’s just a case of following yer nose.
    Just remember, that Delamere is on a cross roads, so when you cross the road, you may be in a different place to where you thought….

cookci
    Free Member

I was thinking more of a human guide to meet me there and show me the way lol

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’m there all the time mate, will gladly show you around if you want.

cookci
    Free Member

Thanks sounds good. I will wait a month or so for the ground to dry up a bit and give you a shout

colp

Ask for me in the cafe, I can point you the right way.

tthew

ground to dry up a bit

Try Cannock Chase then. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘how do i find delameres no brains from cw82jd’ is closed to new replies.