Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • how do I defrost sausages?
  • brakes
    Free Member

I don't have a microwave but I do have some frozen sausages that I need to defrost in less than an hour.
    Anyone know how without poisoning myself?

grumm
    Free Member

I'd probably just stick em on a low heat in the oven for a bit, then turn the heat up for 20 mins or so.

vinnyeh

Why spoil a good barbie by defrosting the sausages first? Just sling them straight on.

But, if you must, put them in a big bowl of cold water, changing it every few minutes as it starts to get really cold. Might just about have time. Good luck.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

maybe run 'em under the hot tap for a bit?

bear in mind i've not eaten meat in about 20 years now though, so i have no idea whether that's safe/hygienic or not…

brakes
    Free Member

but for how long? 40 mins in the oven on 140ish then 20 in the pan?
    don't worry, I won't sue you when I die of ecoli

project
    Free Member

Leave under a running tap,
    imerse in a bowl of water,
    or place under a troll and leave to fester,until warm,then have a good laugh.

elaineanne
    Free Member

shud have took them out the freezer this morning… ! surely u must have something else other than fatty sausages.. Bacon n egg perhaps.lol

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Just cook them from frozen. What is the problem?
    Oh, unless you froze a pack instead of buying frozen? Still cook them from frozen, just real slow, in the oven. Split them half way through.

cp

yeah, just cook em from frozen. prob about 40 mins at 160ish. or defrost in a small bowl of hot water, change after a few mins.

porterclough
    Free Member

I cook sausages, that I froze myself, in the oven. Gas mark 5, 30 mins. No problems yet.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Stick em down your pants. It's the optimum defrost temp there.

brakes
    Free Member

the only alternative I have to fatty sausages is quiche
    vegetable quiche
    that's not an alternative

I bought them unfrozen and froze them, I wasn't aware that was a crime
    my pants aren't quite full at the moment due to the cold weather, but that's a last resort

I'll stick them in the oven for a 40 minutes or so
    you can't overcook a sausages can you?

khani
    Free Member

i worked in a sausage factory for 8 years after school, dont worry, there's nothing you can do to them that has'nt been done allready, as long as they are cooked all the way through you will live

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘how do I defrost sausages?’ is closed to new replies.