Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How do i/ can i do this on Strava?
  • scud
    Free Member

I don’t really use many of the features of Strava, as i’m unlikely to get a KOM, but i wanted to see what my mileage was between two specific dates?

Essentially i started to commuting by bike to work on Nov 16 last year, so wanted to see how many miles i’d done to same date in a week. I was trying to argue with our HR for better bike security at work and also to allow us to use Cyclescheme annually if needed (at present we can only do it every 3 years) and they don’t believe me that i could have worn a bike out in a year. I appreciate that i can just use 2016 to date and then the particular rides in 2015

paulneenan76
    Free Member

You’d have to do it manually i think. If you classified your commutes as “commutes”, which is an option, you might be able to see a running total. Why dont you just add up a typical month and multiply it out?

Also, you dont wear a bike out, you might wear out components which would need to be replaced!

otsdr
    Free Member

You can get a JSON with all your past activities starting from a given week, you’ll need to do your own processing afterwards, though (replace your_id and how_many_weeks with something useful):

https://www.strava.com/athletes/your_id/training/log/weeks?sport=Ride&start_week=2016y45w&num_weeks=how_many_weeks_in_the_past&include_commutes=true

bigblackshed

Why won’t they allow you to run cycle scheme yearly? It’s no skin off their noses.

I could see the stipulation, if you have extended the lease agreement after the initial 12 months to lower the capital value of the bike, because in theory you are still riding the bike to work. Why do you need another if that ones OK? Of course this assumes you aren’t buying a bike on the Cycle Scheme, extending the lease, buying another, as a way of evading tax?

Oh, as to the original question. Calculator, or a nice excel spreadsheet if you’ve got nowt else to do at work, 😉

acidtest
    Free Member

Am pretty sure veloviewer.com can do this.

scud
    Free Member

paulneenan76 – Member
    You’d have to do it manually i think. If you classified your commutes as “commutes”, which is an option, you might be able to see a running total. Why dont you just add up a typical month and multiply it out?

Also, you dont wear a bike out, you might wear out components which would need to be replaced!

Nope, i’ve worn the bike out, i’ve done 8192 miles in the year of commuting in every weather on my Specialized Roubaix, none of the original components (came with 9 speed Sora) have survived, it was gradually upgraded with 11 speed Ultegra and Stans A400 wheels etc, and whilst some of the components are still fine form the upgrades. eg the Hope hubs from Stans wheels are about to re-rimmed with Grail rims etc, the actual frame itself it really pretty tired, there are deep scratches in the carbon, bottle cage bolts spin in the frame and there is now noticeable flex in the steerer as i stand up and honk it.

So bearing in mind the frame is very tired and every components has been replaced at least once, i’d say i’ve worn out the whole bike (doing Paris Roubaix didn’t help!!)

STATO
    Free Member

So you did 8192 miles of commuting, and you also did extra riding and training and the Roubaix! chapeaux 😉

scud
    Free Member

STATO – Member
    So you did 8192 miles of commuting, and you also did extra riding and training and the Roubaix! chapeaux

It was out of necessity and then being stubborn, i got made redundant in 2015 and whilst out of work, my Berlingo died a death, so i thought i’d see if i could do the commute by bike, once i was back in work, i had money then for car whilst i’d been in work a while, but then it became a one man challenge to see if i could keep it up for a year. So that many miles since Nov 16 2015, i’ll break 7000 since 1st January 2016 by the time i get home tonight.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/6842913

scud
    Free Member

cidtest – Member
    Am pretty sure veloviewer.com can do this.

I’d never looked at Veloviewer before, first look it seems to be great, thank you

mikeyp

Are those frame faults not “warranteable” in a year old bike?

fifeandy
    Free Member

That is some good mile munching, nice one – will try to remember to pop back this evening for a kudos for the 7000mi mark.

Your all time biggest climb of 522ft made me giggle though 😆

scud
    Free Member

fifeandy – Member
    That is some good mile munching, nice one – will try to remember to pop back this evening for a kudos for the 7000mi mark.

Your all time biggest climb of 522ft made me giggle though

I didn’t add the fact that i live in Norfolk!!! I think total climbing in my commute home is about 450m. Strava does only show my commuting though, i’ve done events like Dragon Devil and Tour de Yorkshire, but they are always a shock to the system to a man who weighs 100kg and lives on the edge of the Fens!!

acidtest
    Free Member

@scud no probs, you can mine your data pretty good with that site.

chilled76
    Free Member

That mileage is amazing. Well done!!

How much bodyweight have you lost in a year doing that?

Waderider
    Free Member

I have a mk1 Kaffenback with a multiple of that mileage on it and it’s not worn out. Does not compute. That’s before you start considering what the like of George Berwick does with their bike.

Bloody consumer society.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How do i/ can i do this on Strava?’ is closed to new replies.