Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How do I back up photos and music off an IPad?
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Our iPad’s screen cracked the other day so it’s going back to a repair centre. They’ve told me to back up the data in case they have to do a full reset.

Only problem is that I’ve not got the foggiest how to do it. It’s not linked to another computer like I’ve had with iPods in the past.

Anybody got any tips?

Frankers
    Free Member

Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back up now

dobo
    Free Member

FFS, i dont even own an ipad and it took me longer to type this than to google it and learn how to backup my non existant ipad and then frankers comes along and spoils it 🙂

apologies if it turns out to really freakin hard and the apple support is all wrong 🙂

midlifecrashes

officialtob
    Free Member

FYI – you only get 5gb of space for free with iCloud. If your pics and music come to more than that, you’ll have to back it up using a PC, or buy a bigger iCloud storage allowance.

CountZero

Your photos should automatically back-up via Photostream. Music, you’ll have to use iCloud, or get a PC and install iTunes, if you’ve got a lot of music on your Pad.

nealglover
    Free Member

If it’s not connected to another PC I guess all the music on it was bought from iTunes ?

If that’s the case you just download it all again when you get it back.
    (You can find it in the “purchased” section in iTunes)

And the pictures should already be stored in iCloud if its enabled.

robarnold
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Didn’t know what iCloud did, but safe to say I do now. Just hope it’s as simple to recover the stuff from icloud back on to the replacement! Much obliged

nealglover
    Free Member

iCloud backup doesn’t backup music.

If you have music that wasnt bought through iTunes you need to backup your music a different way (using a PC etc)

If its bought through iTunes then you will be fine. And can download it all again.

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Midlife so modern cave man

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How do I back up photos and music off an IPad?’ is closed to new replies.