Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How do I attach my SRAM shifters…
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

…when I remove the Elixir brakes?

OK, so I may be giving up on my Elixir R brakes that came on my lovely bike but not the shifters. This leaves me with no way of attaching the shifters to the bars anymore.

Anyone seen any “discrete” clamps available anywhere? ’09 model year if it makes any difference?

coatesy
    Free Member

Part no. SLPSX002, available from your LBS via Fishers, £20.99ea.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Depending on what brakes you’re getting there may be adapters available to fit the shifters to those. Have a look at ProblemSolvers stuff at SJS. Unless of course you don’t want both on the same clamp.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thanks coatsey, looks like the one… £20 each! Almost cheaper to get some discounted X7 shifters with clamps. hmmmm.

DanW
    Free Member

I will soon having a SRAM shifter clamp going spare as I’m replacing the one from my XX1 shifter with a custom adapter on to XTR brakes. If the XX1 clamp fits you’d be more than welcome to it… for less that £20.99 😉

Tracker1972
    Free Member

mrblobbly, probably some cheap Shimano with an integrated clamp from Merlin, so probably need a sperate clamp.

DanW, that could be very useful. Even one cheaper helps 🙂 I will try and get a look at a XX1 shifter to see if it looks possible.

Thanks gents.

DanW
    Free Member

If they end up being compatible just drop me an email 😀

Problemsolvers and Trickstuff are the main manufacturers to look at for attaching various shifters to various brakes if you decide do go down that route instead. Shimano brakes and SRAM shifters is do-able for example

lw246
    Free Member

I should have a pair knocking around from before I swapped brakes. Used for x9 shifters so should fit I imagine.
    Drop me an email (in profile) and I’ll see if I can dig them out.
    15quid for the pair?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How do I attach my SRAM shifters…’ is closed to new replies.