Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • How did Trek manage to keep that quiet, 29er remedy and fuel released today
  • Reign_Man
    Free Member

120mm fuel and 140mm remedy released to dealers in US today, seems it took everyone by surprise.

robarnold
    Free Member

Pics?

jam-bo

not many fanboys fapping themselves into a frenzy?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

they realise it’s a massive mistake and they tried to keep it out of the news?
    Nobody gets that excited about trek?

scotroutes

Everyone is waiting for the 3rd announcement – the carbon, full-sus, electric-geared fatbike?

LeeW

Details aren’t out yet are they, no pictures or anything? Just that they are releasing two 29ers.

Reign_Man
    Free Member

some pics and US prces over on the mtbr Trek forum and also here

New Enduro Bike: Trek Remedy 9 2014 with 29″ Wheels

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Those photos confirm that 29ers are an abomination to mountain biking. :-O

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

2014 Trek Remedy 29er:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nobody gets that excited about trek 29ers any more

Ftfy

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So the general look of riding a 29r is you look like a small child.

woody2000

I’m sure Tracey can ride any bike well, but that just looks wrong. Just looks frikkin massive, miles too big!

I’m keeping my 26″ wheels until they come back into fashion 🙂

Northwind

I like the way she’s wearing extra massive shorts just to make it look even sillier.

Wouldn’t mind a go.

rOcKeTdOg

So the general look of riding a 29r is you look like a small child

Miss Moseley will love that!

patriotpro
    Free Member

I like. Why is the shock-shaft so skinny tho? 😕

b45her
    Free Member

probably some more propriety shock bullshit to hide the fact that trek are still using the same suspension tech they were using 20 years ago.
    also probably didn’t make a fuss about it because they know all the sheeple who bought long travel wagon wheeler’s have sold them to buy 650b bikes because pinkbike and bikeradar say they are what the cool kids ride now.

JCL
    Free Member

Apart from the DVRC shock crap that bike looks awesome. Raked out and low. I bet it would eat those 650b marketing bikes for breakfast.

Wookster

Well I like !! Luckily my local trek dealer is pants so that’s me not buying one (that and I sold my last Kidney or my CX bike)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like too, not being a fan of many boingers that thing looks good to me.

Still,I do love the look of the Tallboy LT.

LoCo
    Free Member

Looks great (minus the DRCV), waiting for some 650b stuff from them too I expect

LMT
    Free Member

I do like the look of the trek, but no new bikes this year!

As for the 3rd bike, hhmmm 69ers back?? now that might convince me to get a new bike this year.

wobbem
    Free Member

uploaded this pic of his new full suspension 29er. Tracy Moseley is running a similar bike and it’s been called a Remedy 29. Here’s what Justin said about the bike, “This thing has changed my mind on big wheels..fastest bike I’ve ridden on trail ever!” Credit: Justin Leov

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

camera angle makes both of those look even bigger than they are.

I have two 29ers, and theres no contest – they are bigger than the 26ers they replaced – But, they don’t really feel like it on the trail.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Looks nice to me, but the colour schemes look a bit off! That (the first) colour is not on the pictures for the release. The second photo looks like the remedy 9. I wonder if the reason why lots if 2013 bikes are already sold out is the fact that 29ers are finally getting sorted, especially how to extend them into longer travel? Will we get a raft of 2014 29ers? A reign 29er? Should be good for 29 and 26 fans as there should be good deals on 2013 26ers by the end?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

This is a normal sized bloke on a tallboy by comparison. Doesn’t look too bad does it?

mindmap3
    Free Member

It doesn’t look too bad as far as big wheelers go, but it does look huge.

No doubt she’ll be pretty damn quick on it.

Cyclenaut
    Free Member

@b45her

probably some more propriety shock bullshit to hide the fact that trek are still using the same suspension tech they were using 20 years ago.

You are joking with this comment, right?

chakaping
    Free Member

trek are still using the same suspension tech they were using 20 years ago.

No they’re not, they just happened to come up with a very effective new system called ABP after being shown Dave Weagle’s similar Split-Pivot design a while ago. Allegedly.

Didn’t know J-Leov and T-Mo would be riding 29ers, hmmm, does this call for a re-think of my fantasy enduro team?

chakaping
    Free Member

I have two 29ers, and theres no contest – they are bigger than the 26ers they replaced

Did you mean “faster” or are you being amusing?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

have two 29ers, and theres no contest – they are bigger than the 26ers they replaced – But, they don’t really feel like it on the trail.

+1, although I find it far more noticable when going back to 26″ bikes that the wheels feel reaaly small and unstable, like we’ve suddenly gone back to 71deg HA’s and 120mm stems (despite the fact thats exactly what my newest 29ers has)

I’ll not be buying a long travel 29ers as I’ve already got a 26″ FS bike for hollidays/trips away, but if I was buying now I don’t think the 26″ wheels would get a look in.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Well a 140mm 29er Roscoe was designed and then pulled before release back in 2011 I believe, so it’s not a huge surprise.

If the Superfly is anything to go by (surprisingly burly and relaxed for an xc bike), and reports of the Rumblefish, I image this was be a riot!

b45her
    Free Member

split pivot or ABP, whatever you want to call it its still a traditional linkage driven single pivot only it has a cool sounding an-acronym and a god awful shock(for riders heavier than a small child)

breatheeasy
    Free Member

“This thing has changed my mind on big wheels..fastest bike I’ve ridden on trail ever!” Credit: Justin Leov

Sponsored rider bigging up latest bike they’ve been given shocker 🙄

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

TINAS +1

Although I changed my long travel 26 out for a 29.

Chapaking – there is more to a bikes size than just its wheels – thus, I was being neither amusing or facetious. 😉

AlexSimon

Remedy 7:

8:

and 9:

To be honest all of them look well-specced.
    US prices:
    Trek Remedy 7 29 $2699
    Trek Remedy 8 29 $3299
    Trek Remedy 9 29 $4499

GaryLake
    Free Member

Looks a heck of a lot nicer than the Roscoe they were going to make!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I thought the Rumblefish was the 29er version of the Roscoe?

snakebite
    Free Member

650b Remedy for me next, the trade peeps knew about this-or at least mine did 😳

GaryLake
    Free Member

Look at the copy for the Roscoe, 140mm Fox 34…

chakaping
    Free Member

Chapaking – there is more to a bikes size than just its wheels – thus, I was being neither amusing or facetious.

I wasn’t being snidey, what did you mean? Longer WB? You got a bigger frame size?

Are they faster though?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘How did Trek manage to keep that quiet, 29er remedy and fuel released today’ is closed to new replies.