Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How damaging is wee?
  • fatboyjon

I had to free up my jockey wheels by weeing on the bike last night for the second time in a week. Just clean the chain and re-lube as usual or strip the mech off?

messiah
    Free Member

You can drink it.

wwaswas

As long as no number 2’s were involved you should be ok with a rinse and relube.

johnellison
    Free Member

You can drink it.

Not more that twice though (for the same wee) as the sodium levels become toxic.

fatboyjon

wwaswas – Thankfully it never crossed my mind to take a dump on the mech.

scaredypants

ruined a couple of pairs of my shoes when I made a STWer cross once

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Or, to use the correct terminology, Universal Maintenance Fluid (UMF)

wwaswas

you get the warmth released over a much longer period with poo 🙂

devs
    Free Member

OMG, change your drivetrain immediately. Don’t let any pets near it either. That’s if there’s any left after all the poison that has been put down on the roads recently. If you’ve had Red Bull recently and then wee’d then it’s probably too late, you won’t be around to read this. etc etc

Scapegoat

It’s pretty corrosive if you don’t wash it off. Mate of mine splashed the barrels of his 12 bore whilst having a discreet wee behind a hedge. He didn’t wipe it off and it had fetched the blueing off by the next morning.

rocketman
    Free Member

Allegedly urine is sterile in the bladder but reacts pretty quickly with bacteria once it’s out

D0NK

think it depends what you’ve been drinking scapegoat

You can drink it.

Apparently chlamydia is transferable through urine so drinking other peoples is probably not a good idea – just in case you were tempted.

The things you learn from god awful trash tv eh? (that kavos thing the other week)

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Bear Grhylls would have done the same, but put a bucket underneath to save it for ‘laters’

mtbfix

Strip the mech off. Jockeys need a proper clean and lube if they are freezing up. Consider peeing on your bike as a trail side repair.

br
    Free Member
    FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about any salt on the roads than your pee.

I would never be able to pee twice on a ride 😯

wordnumb
    Free Member

Have your tyres turned this colour yet?
    Because they will.

chief9000
    Free Member

My wife’s face still looks ok 😆

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How damaging is wee?’ is closed to new replies.