Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How credible is the Huffington Post
  • Pigface
    Free Member

As above really? Cheers

kimbers

i think its considered reasonably legit,

but beware it has a rightwing, creationist, anti-science slant

br
    Free Member

Credible?

How credible is anything that’s online, probably a bit nearer than The Daily Mash but not as much as the mainstream press.

Bimbler
    Free Member

but beware it has a rightwing, creationist, anti-science slant

Thought it was generally regarded as (American use of word), liberal.

footflaps

Thought it was generally regarded as (American use of word), liberal.

Yep, that is liberal for the US!

atlaz
    Free Member

One thing to be aware of is they steal blog content. So a lot of the time when you see something on there, it’s not written by them nor is it even vetted by them, it’s just harvested and reformatted. So a lot of the really stuff on the site is actually no more credible than any other random place you’d find it.

chakaping
    Free Member

OP – You need to elaborate on the question a bit if you want a useful answer, but I have worked with many of the editors on the UK edition and they are no more or less credible than any other mainstream online hacks.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yeah sorry it was a bit vague, saw an article saying that the conservative version of the deficit was a big fat lie

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.html

Just don’t want to start another economy thread as lord knows we are pretty clued it to what a lot of people think.

chakaping
    Free Member

I read that too. It’s not the sort of material you can “fact check” in the old fashioned sense – so it’s more down to the credibility of the writer.

And I imagine there will be lots of Tories hurrying to claim that he’s not very credible now.

😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Pretty much what I thought. Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How credible is the Huffington Post’ is closed to new replies.