Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • How could anyone even try to defend Israel now?
  • Frodo

1. Deliberate or reckless shelling of a UN protected school.
    2. Declare a ‘humanitarian’ 4 hr ceasefire and shell civilians in a market using the window to get food.

In my mind these are clear war crimes. Whether Hamas were firing rockets nearby is irrelevant, they should have known or ought to have known that firing in these locations would hit civilians and not Hamas fighters.

Incompetent or murderous ….take your pick.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It is becoming less unreasonably to think that it wouldn’t be such a bad thing if the kind of people that perpetrated that kind of war crime were nuked from orbit.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Whilst agreeing with you comments might I also include the other side in the same category. I don’t notice them packing up and going home and might I suggest taking action from civilian areas suggests a degree of hiding behind those unable to do anything about it.

Frodo

mattsccm – totally agree. Using human shields could also amount to a war crime.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Oh yeah, nuking people. Thats a brilliant **** way of reducing lives lost. We should have nuked Belfast at the height of the troubles, or maybe London seeing as we were the Israelis in that scenario.

It only took us like 30 years to apologize for gunning down protesters at close range but hey.

Need more spocks on this planet and less intellectually challenged apes.

globalti
    Free Member

Incompetence, I believe. I reckon there are bits of the Israeli military that are out of control, stoned, drunk, fanatical, whatever, and doing what the hell they like.

nedrapier

Couple of interesting/illuminating things I’ve seen recently on the subject. Might have been posted on here. Worth a watch/read.

[video]http://vimeo.com/50531435[/video]

7 Things to Consider Before Choosing Sides in the Middle East Conflict

bigjim

The UK and US make a lot of money selling arms to Israel so I doubt they will do too much about it past some choice soundbites.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Never fails to amaze Israeli Abrams f16s f15s
    Proper us hardware

Palestinians..get rockets

Ebola outbreak would stop that lot

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thread MK4

Odds……..

marmaduke
    Free Member

The chap from the UN on radio 4 tonight said that Israel had been told 17 times that there were refugees inside. It’s just unbelievable that it was a mistake.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

There are always people who will defend the indefensible.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That video is freaking brilliant. Cheers.

project
    Free Member

The chap from the UN on radio 4 tonight said that Israel had been told 17 times that there were refugees inside.

obviously the message was taken by a call centre staff member on theminimum wage, waiting to finish their shift.

Strange how almost everyone on this forum has forgotton all the wars we have ever had, all the needless deaths etc, thats what war is it kills people and this week we are celebrating the start of world war one, where the media was and still is highly controled and propoganda is issued from both sides.

Every kid or adult who is killed or injured is a human being just like us our freinds and neighbours, and the fighting just like any other war is over land and one party asserting power over another, like one of the Beatlessaid in a song, Lets give peace a chance.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nina Paley is very talented.

Surprised she left the Americans out, tho.

Strange how almost everyone on this forum has forgotton all the wars we have ever had, all the needless deaths etc, thats what war is it kills people and this week we are celebrating the start of world war one, where the media was and still is highly controled and propoganda is issued from both sides.

There’s wars, and then there’s wars.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

+1 Project.

Frodo

celebrating the start of world war one

What tosh – remembering and reflecting would be more appropriate. I don’t remember anyone actually celebrating the anniversary of the great wars.

Your right in one sense wars are horrible events where people get killed. There will always be ‘collateral’ damage and innocents caught in the crossfire. What is different here is Israel’s total disregard for international law.

Does the Israeli state really want to be in the same league as ISIS?

yossarian
    Free Member

It is utterly indefensible.

There will still be committed Zionists who try to of course. Those so consumed with hate and fear that they scrabble around looking for terms that justify the murder of innocents as ‘the fog of war’ and other such sick bullshit terms that mean nothing.

Israel has proved, by its actions, that it is a terrorist state. It isn’t the first and we in the UK should look to our past before passing judgement.

That doesn’t alter what they have done or create a legitimate defence for what they are doing. However it is now up to the international community to forcibly intervene to prevent the genocidal policies of a state that is out of control.

project
    Free Member

However it is now up to the international community to forcibly intervene to prevent the genocidal policies of a state that is out of control.

Just like when the Jews and others where being killed in death camps in world war 2 by the germans.

obviously history is just that, history.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

How do you know the news is not lying?

Israel should defend itself and is at war with
    Gaza. Innocents will be caught in the crossfire.

tinribz
    Free Member

Just like when the Jews and others where being killed in death camps

There was an intervention wasn’t there?

Israel should defend itself and is at war

More like making war on.

Why aren’t the Israel people voting for a government that offers a peace policy? They’ve had 50 years to do so.

stoffel
    Free Member

We’ve got an Israeli friend. here right at this very moment. Former member of the IDF. Anyonewant me to ask himanything?

For the record; it’s utterly fascinting and enlighteneing. My mind is being opened.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m absolutely on the Israelis side.

stoffel
    Free Member

That’s interesting, because our friend, ith all of his experience, is on the side of the Palestinians. I don’t think he’s representative of all Istraelis though.

I’ve pleaded with him not ot ocupy our spare room, or the basement, and to at least leave us the kitchen.

chewkw
    Free Member

stoffel – Member

We’ve got an Israeli friend. here right at this very moment. Former member of the IDF. Anyonewant me to ask himanything?

What sort of salary does he get as IDF?
    🙂

tinribz
    Free Member

Any one want me to ask him anything?

Why won’t Israel lift the blockade and give the Palestinians their land back?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Can you ask him what the hell happened to the Israel-Palestine solidarity movement and whether he thinks things like academic boycotts are hurting those efforts? Does he think inclusive dialogue is the way forward or South African style pressure on Israel is the way?

stoffel
    Free Member

I have no idea chewk, as I’m really not interested. I do know he gets a stipedn from the Isreali government for an injury he sustianed in a training exercise. i do know that he doesn’t support tha actions of the IDF and the Isreali goverment. And that he’s probably far, far more qualified to comment on such matters than probably anyone les on this forum.

chewkw
    Free Member

tinribz – Member

Any one want me to ask him anything?

Why won’t Israel lift the blockade and give the Palestinians their land back?

That’s a rather pointless question as you already know the answer.

He is an IDF so what can he do? He follows order.

🙄

Edit:

stoffel – Member

I have no idea chewk, as I’m really not interested. I do know he gets a stipedn from the Isreali government for an injury he sustianed in a training exercise. i do know that he doesn’t support tha actions of the IDF and the Isreali goverment. And that he’s probably far, far more qualified to comment on such matters than probably anyone les on this forum.

I am Not interested in his political affiliation but rather being curious of what he earns that’s all. I am talking about the practicality of life and not going to compare his lifestyle to his neighbours.

So again I am not interested in all the political opinions but rather interested in lifestyle of others. 🙄

yossarian
    Free Member

And that he’s probably far, far more qualified to comment on such matters than probably anyone les on this forum.

Why are others ‘less qualified’?

Give him your log on.

unknown
    Free Member

I’m absolutely on the Israelis side.

You’re on the side that’s just attacked a UN school full of refugees, killing 15. A school that they’d been warned about and given the precise location of 17(!) times. The side that’s been condemned by the UN, that ignores international law, that’s committing genocide, and that’s just the past 24 hours.

I saw a wounded 5 year old Palestinian girl on the news tonight ask why and what she had to do with all this.You’re on the side that knowingly bombed the UN school she was sheltering in. Sleep well tonight, won’t you.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am on nobody’s side btw and I also think the probability of solving this problem is very low or to the point of impossible.

However, To “solve” this problem one side must be annihilated whether you like it or not.

tinribz
    Free Member

However, To “solve” this problem one side must be annihilated whether you like it or not.

Has this ever happened?

stoffel
    Free Member

Why are others ‘less qualified’?

Yu really need to ask that? On THIS forum? 🙄

Can you ask him what the hell happened to the Israel-Palestine solidarity movement and whether he thinks things like academic boycotts are hurting those efforts? Does he think inclusive dialogue is the way forward or South African style pressure on Israel is the way?

We’ve moved on. He’s particularly enamoured with my whisky (Abelour 10 yr old). He’s walked out of the room in search of a glass of water. We’re sitting in the kitchen. He was sat next to the sink. 😐

stoffel
    Free Member

Give him your log on.

I coud give a dog my logon and it would be more qualified to coment on a plethora of subjects than many of the **** on here.

chewkw
    Free Member

tinribz – Member

Has this ever happened?

It might not be total annihilation in the modern time but rather more like total submission if that helps unless you are in the time of Genghis Khan, in which case, yes. That’s how he planted his seeds in 1/4 of the entire human population apparently.

Yes, it happens all the time in history.

😯

stoffel
    Free Member

Chewk; are you ‘self medicating’,or what? 😯

chewkw
    Free Member

stoffel – Member

Chewk; are you ‘self medicating’,or what?

I am afraid you will be going in circle if you think both sides will be at peace with each other just because of world intervention.

Put it this way every means have been tried throughout history to get them to be at peace with each other so what makes you think they have changed now?

There will never be peace until one side give in to total submission.

🙄

AlasdairMc

chewkw – Member

By problem do you mean question, and if so are you proposing some kind of final solution?

I may make a pun here, but this is what it feels like. Ghettoisation of a population, then genocide. The Israelis have become their tormentors…

ninfan
    Free Member

genocide

Do you even know what that word means?

1300 or so deaths, out of a population of 1.8 million = <0.1%

population risen from 1 million in 97, 1.4 million in 07 – estimated 3.8% per annum increase

<comic book guy>Worst genocide, ever!</comic book guy>

in other news: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/30/cambodia-court-begins-genocide-trial-khmer-rouge-leaders

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How could anyone even try to defend Israel now?’ is closed to new replies.