Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How competitive are you?
  • MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

How would you react in this situation?

You're playing Scrabble with your mother who's past retirement age and fairly straight laced. It's towards the end of the game and you're trailing a little but you've got the Q (10 points) in your rack and if you can get it on a multiplier you could probably go on to win the game. If you get caught with it at the end there's no hope.

Now it's your turn. You can see that match winning move, but it involves making the word Q U I M……………

Would you play it?

Dylan08
    Free Member

yes

adey205
    Free Member

definitely yes!!!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

Of course. I would then jump in the air and shout "I WON! I WON! I WON! I WON!"

My mother is a scrabble god, so it's not a likely scenario.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep undoubtedly.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i'm more competitive than you

clubber
    Free Member

But not as much as me.

Yes.

ajf
    Free Member

OH god yes, I would also look at her with steely detirmination and a straight face. As if to say I know its a rude word and you don't approve but "IN YOUR FACE OLDIE" Your powers are weak and I am scrabble god.

But I am not that competative…….really 😳

nickc

"Cupboardy"

MrAgreeable

Kwidjibo

oldgit
    Free Member

'cupboardy' I'm laughing but I can't remember where that's from.

@5thElefant, I'd like to think you would finish that off with a good old moon.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

never underestimate the powers of the elderly to surprise you though.

We have a family tradition of playing Racing Demon on mass at family occasions (with up to 12 players) on massive tables, my nan used to sit there complaining about being too old to do it, that she couldn't move fast enough or that her eyes weren't good enough then there'd be a mad flurry and she'd win

sneaky

tron
    Free Member

I've actually put Quim down when playing scrabble with my girlfriend and her gran. Fortunately her gran is quite sound and will also put down anything she can to get points 😆

MrAgreeable

We have a family tradition of playing Racing Demon on mass at family occasions

Us too. I find the "slip your undiscardable cards under the rug" tactic to be very useful.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

mrsmw was watching some daytime TV with her nan years ago and they were discussing girly teen mags and how they portrayed sex and how there was an article in one describing how to give a blowjob.

She then had to explain to her nan what a blowjob was.

😆

she told that story at her nans funeral as well 😆

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable

Us too. I find the "slip your undiscardable cards under the rug" tactic to be very useful.

i'd never condone cheating ones family members 😉

woody2000

Aye, slam it down. Followed by a loud "Quim, that's another word for f*nny Grandma. Bet yours hasn't seen much action for a while, has it!"

😈

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Our 8 year old son was 'helping' wifey when we played scrabble last weekend.
    Out of the blue he showed wifey how she could get the X on a triple word score, also using an S and an E.

avdave2

Quim is 15 points and easy to find, clitoris is a nigh on impossible but only 10 points. Something wrong there I think.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How competitive are you?’ is closed to new replies.