Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • How comes there isn't any anti Isis rallies ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

From the Muslim communities ?

I stand to be corrected if there is one .

MrSmith
    Free Member

These days most people have moved onto hollowtech II, mega-exo, giga-X pipe, BB-30, PF-30 etc.

Northwind

Why would there be?

They’re probably too busy discussing the disturbing problem of white British nationals poor grammatical skilz…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why should “the Muslim communities” go on “anti Isis rallies” ?

Are you attempting to claim that they are responsible ?

Or that ISIS gives a toss about rallies in the UK ?

mikey74
    Free Member

Where would they hold them? In their home countries they are too afraid of repercussions and in other countries, they are preaching to the converted.

Edit: Oh, and as above: Are you insinuating that all Muslims secretly support ISIS?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

It was a rhetorical question !

Seem to remember a rally/march when Israel and Palestine were fighting.

And of course I’m not insinuating that all Muslims support ISIS jeez mate !

athgray
    Free Member

I can understand people of any ethnic background rallying against ISIS. Why should they be just Muslim.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

of course I’m not insinuating that all Muslims support ISIS jeez mate !

Perish the thought.

mikey74
    Free Member

How are we supposed to know? The internet is an emotionless place: Remember: On the internet, no one can see you wink, or your fingers crossed, or you smile….

…without emoticons, that is :mrgreen:

It certainly wasn’t phrased rhetorically.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Perish the thought indeed ❓

No need for that was there Mr lynch…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

There where a couple in London a couple of weeks ago when I was down there..

Jamie
    Free Member

No, it’s a potato.

nealglover
    Free Member

Rhetorical: The question, a rhetorical device, is posed not to elicit a specific answer, but rather to encourage the listener to consider a message or viewpoint.

Which message or viewpoint were you encouraging us to consider ?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I stand corrected

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I stand corrected

Said the man in the orthopaedic shoes.

Anyway, has there been any anti IS rallies in Bradford or Birmingham or other large Muslim area for instance, or just the odd one here & there? If the law abiding, peace loving Muslim people of the UK actually give a toss about the damage that IS is doing to the name of Islam then they are the ones who need to be doing something about it. (But I reckon IS won’t give a FF about what any regular Muslim thinks.)

As I’ve said before & before…It aint gonna be easy.

6079smithw
    Free Member

My old man still has a cottered crank

bencooper
    Free Member

Why are Muslims the ones who need to be doing something about it, just because they share the same religion (debatably)?

The reason we have ISIS isn’t because of the Muslims, it’s because of policies carried out by our white, Christian, western governments. We created ISIS.

konabunny
    Free Member

Bollocks

If the law abiding, peace loving Muslim people of the UK actually give a toss about the damage that IS is doing to the name of Islam then they are the ones who need to be doing something about it.

Why? What’s it got to do with them more than you?

Northwind

esselgruntfuttock – Member

If the law abiding, peace loving Muslim people of the UK actually give a toss about the damage that IS is doing to the name of Islam then they are the ones who need to be doing something about it.

I don’t think they’ve got any jet fighters though.

Also, wtf?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The reason we have ISIS isn’t because of the Muslims, it’s because of policies carried out by our white, Christian, western governments. We created ISIS.

Ahh right. So It’s OUR fault that THEY are chopping innocent peoples heads off? Right, I get it now.

See ya, night night, don’t let the bed bugs bite. (ya crank)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member

If the law abiding, peace loving Muslim people of the UK actually give a toss about the damage that IS is doing to the name of Islam….

In my eyes ISIS aren’t doing any damage to the name of Islam, I don’t make any connection between ISIS and “the law abiding, peace loving Muslim people of the UK”, it’s only Daily Mail ranters like you who do.

I see no reason why law abiding peace loving Muslims should do things just to keep you and your fellow Daily Mail readers/UKIP voters/pub bores happy.

BTW I love the irony of you calling bencooper a “crank”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Anyway, has there been any anti IS rallies in Bradford or Birmingham or other large Muslim area for instance,

Perhaps the membership of the EDL is dropping as certain types drift to UKIP?

crankboy
    Free Member

As mentioned on the other very sad thread the only people organising anti Isis rallys are Muslims. Apparently that’s not enough all Muslims must give up their jobs and take to the streets to protest 24/7 until Isis hang their heads in shame.

bencooper
    Free Member

IS does have a lot of fundamentalist nutjobs who cut people’s heads off. But it also has idiot Brits who know so little about Islam that they buy “Dummies Guide to Islam” before they go to Syria, and it has a lot of secular Baathists too.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Ahh right. So It’s OUR fault that THEY are chopping innocent peoples heads off? Right, I get it now.

Yes, pretty much. The state of Israel has been carrying out shocking acts of barbarity for years now and the western governments have done nothing about it. Nobody speaks out on behalf of the oppressed population of Gaza etc.

Whenever someone comes out and says something in opposition, like Cherrie Blair’s “I can fully understand why they thing they have no option but to strap on a bunch of explosives etc” then the establishment comes down on them like a tone of bricks.

Israel does bad thing after bad thing and nobody gives a shit. When people see that glaring obvious injustice then some of them are bound to want to take action. And it just makes it easier for the really rampant ones to persuade the previously moderate ones to do extreme things.

PS. I abhor what ISIS are doing and the treatment of that poor aid convoy chap. What they did to him was awful and unjustifiable. However I can understand how some warped minds have come to the conclusion that it is justifiable.

konabunny
    Free Member

like Cherrie Blair’s “I can fully understand why they thing they have no option but to strap on a bunch of explosives etc” then the establishment comes down on them like a tone of bricks.

I think she was criticized for (among other things) being fantastically ignorant. Palestinian suicide bombers aren’t a bunch of frustrated people spontaneously deciding to conduct terrorist acts. They’re weak and vulnerable people targeted and victimized by men no less evil than those that orchestrate the occupation.

aracer
    Free Member
    grum
    Free Member

Why oh why won’t moderate Muslims condemn ISIS? Oh wait they have, but apparently it’s still not good enough.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5538169
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/05/isis-murder-alan-henning-british-muslim-community

Cougar

If it’s any consolation, a metric beardload of British Imams spoke out against the beheading of meladdo recently and, as representatives of their respective communities, implored them not to go through with it.

konabunny
    Free Member

as representatives of their respective communities, i

speaking as a representative of the right handed community, I’m beginning to hate the word community as it loses it’s meaning.

5thElefant
    Free Member

as representatives of their respective communities

You mean MPs?

mrhoppy

You mean like the one Ari Murad has been running?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’ve often wondered why all the Christanists don’t have big rallies to protest against their Priests every time they get a bit rapey?

jambalaya
    Free Member

You tend not to get pro-war rallies.

The muslim community have condemned ISIS, particularly the Manchester one in the wake of Alan Hennings murder.

JCL
    Free Member

I still have tapered on the classic Merckx. Been on there for 20 years. Should imagine they’re a bit seized!

atlaz
    Free Member

So are we all supposed to go out to protest against anything that anyone of our sex, ethnic background, social background, religion or interests does that we disagree with? Is there a website where we can work out some sort of matrix so I could combine mine for example. I’d be happy to protest against something that a white, male, middle class, agnostic, cyclist IT person did that I disagreed with. Otherwise I guess I’d be out protesting pretty much every day about something some white bloke did that was somewhere in the range between “a bit twatty” to “WTF mental”

mrhoppy

IME my Muslim and middle eastern friends have been very proactive in speaking out and have been calling for action for some time, they’ve been far more vocal than other ‘communities’. There was an organised aid drive to support the yazidis coordinated by British Iraqis.

Maybe you just don’t engage with them properly to find out?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Last I looked, Muslims were ferrying relief goods to Syria, kind of a practical response to the situation, rather than a pointless and ineffectual rally.

One of them got his head cut off for it, apparently.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘How comes there isn't any anti Isis rallies ?’ is closed to new replies.